News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 202 no longer lets me call out

Started by peewee, April 11, 2015, 11:38:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peewee

We have had this for a little over a month. Easy set up and everything worked fine except I could not call the home landline voip from my iphone. We were able to call out fine and because we wanted to make it a dedicated 911 line that seemed fine.

Now we cannot make outgoing calls nor is it receiving anything but a call from the obion soft phone on one of our ipads. 

So far we have reset the router, reset the obi, reset the internet router, unplugged and removed the obi from GV, reinstalled from fresh status, changed to different handsets and still the same problems.  I hate to be bested by a machine and am not totally a newbie with computers. BUT I'm not an engineer or programmer so I'm at a loss of what to try next.  :-\

I haven't had a reply from Support and can't find the phone number for them that used to be on the site.

Help would be appreciated.

SteveInWA

Hi:

I think you've tried a lot of things, but a more systematic approach to troubleshooting would be helpful.

You've apparently confirmed that the OBi is successfully connecting to the internet by placing a OBiTALK network call to it.  That's a good sign.

Your problem is still vague, however.  I'd start over from scratch, by deleting your OBi off of the OBiTALK portal, factory resetting it, adding it back to the portal again, and setting up Google Voice again as the service provider.

Before reviewing my instructions at the link below, you may want to "fast track" to these two possibilities:  1) you are logged into the wrong Google account on the OBi (different from the one that holds your GV phone number) or 2) you don't have Google Chat added as a forwarding destination on the GV account you're using.

See:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

OH, and one other thing:  911 service:  you do know that GV does not support 911 calling, right?  You must establish separate 911 service with another provider, like Anveo or Callcentric.

peewee

Thank you, all of those were tried and the end result was that my GV had no option to add back in Google Chat. Odd that it disappeared after the OBI worked for 2 weeks. At any rate, a very apt tech from OBI has it fixed and was kind enough to send detailed how-to to my email in case this ever happens again.  I guess it was just one of those internet gnats that get into the lines once in a while.

Thanks again and I'll keep the forum on speed dial.

SteveInWA

Quote from: peewee on April 11, 2015, 01:14:49 PM
Thank you, all of those were tried and the end result was that my GV had no option to add back in Google Chat. Odd that it disappeared after the OBI worked for 2 weeks. At any rate, a very apt tech from OBI has it fixed and was kind enough to send detailed how-to to my email in case this ever happens again.  I guess it was just one of those internet gnats that get into the lines once in a while.

Thanks again and I'll keep the forum on speed dial.

If you had, indeed followed my instructions, it clearly explained how to add Google Chat back onto the settings page.  If you think it still needs to be made even more clear, please let me know what needs to be added.