News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI 202 Lan Port

Started by dhwagner, April 13, 2015, 09:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhwagner

I have a NAS Drive that was previously connected to my FIOS Router -
Can I plug the NAS Drive into the Lan Port and access it?
If so how? Are there settings required if so what?

drgeoff

By default the 202 operates in router mode meaning that the two ethernet ports are on different subnets. If your computers are on the WAN side they will not be able to see the the NAS in the LAN port.

You can set the 202 to bridge mode. That disables its router and makes it a 3 port switch; the 2 ethernet ports and the 202's internals. All on your router's subnet.

LTN1

To set it in Bridge mode, please do the following:
1.Make sure the WAN port is enabled first by following the FAQ link below.
http://www.obihai.com/faq/OBi202-sec/Howto-Access-Web-from-WAN

To put the OBi into bridge mode, on the attached phone dial ***0, 31#, 1,1#,1
To put it back to router mode dial ***0, 31#, 1,0#,1 (comma means pause and listen)
After entering a string, you could just hang up.

azrobert

For anybody that cares, you can access a device on a secondary router when you have a double NAT. The primary router will assign an IP address for the secondary router. To access a device on the secondary router, route traffic to this address and port number of the device. Then use port forwarding in the secondary router. This is the same concept as routing remote traffic to your public IP address.

I don't own an OBi202 or a NAS, so I don't know if this applies to the above problem.