News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Having problem calling out on SP2 Google Voice OBi200

Started by flinchlock, April 17, 2015, 06:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flinchlock

ModelName: OBi200
HardwareVersion: 1.4
SoftwareVersion: 3.0.1 (Build: 4581)
CertificatesStatus: Installed
CustomizationStatus: Generic

SP1 Callcentric  Registered (setup via OBiTALK)
SP2 Google Voice Registered (setup via OBiTALK)

I can call from my home phone (SP1 CC) to my GV number and my TracFone LG306G "feature phone" rings and works correctly.

If I try to call my daughters cell phone using **21aaabbbcccc (SP2 GV), I get a fast busy.

I then delete SP2 and add SP2 using Simonics Google Voice Gateway settings, OBi200 says: SP2 Simonics.com GVGW Registered

https://simonics.com/gw/
Account Status
Google Voice account: Online
Devices registered: 1
Chat status message: VoIP gateway
SIP Login/prefix: GV1xxxyyyzzzz
Server: gvgw.simonics.com

If I try to call my daughters cell phone using **21aaabbbcccc (SP2 GVGW), I get an error tone and "... was rejected by the service provider. Reason is 480"

A confused newbie,
Mike

BigJim_McD

Simonics is having issues with the Google Voice Gateway service today.

I opened a ticket on the Simon Telephonics web site today and I received the following reply.
=====================================================
I am aware of sporadic issues and have been working at them. I will post an update at simonics.com/news when resolved.

Thanks,
Bill Simon

=====================================================

I deleted the service on my OBi202 that we use for outgoing calls via Google Voice then added back Google Voice service.  I will reconfigure for the Simonics GV-Gateway after the issue is cleared.
BigJimMcD

flinchlock

@BigJimMcD,

Thanks for the Simonics info, but I can not even get GV working thru OBiTALK.  :(

Mike

BigJim_McD

Mike,
after deleting the Simonics GV-Gateway on SP2,
then adding back Google Voice, did SP2 show connected?

For example: after I completed the steps, in less than a minute,
my SP2 in OBiTalk displays the following:

SP2      Home# ph1 ph2 sp2 GV        Connected

I was able to make outgoing calls via Google Voice on SP2 just a few seconds after the status changed to connected.

BigJimMcD

flinchlock

I tried your suggestion... OBiTALK displays: "SP2 Google Voice Connected".

But, same as before a very short ring tone, then a fast busy.

My OBi200 has only been configured via OBiTALK for Callcentric and Google Voice, and the Simon GVGW settings... no other tweaking.

Do I need to do something with Google Chat... see SteveInWA's post http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

Mike

SteveInWA

Quote from: flinchlock on April 17, 2015, 04:53:10 PM
I tried your suggestion... OBiTALK displays: "SP2 Google Voice Connected".

But, same as before a very short ring tone, then a fast busy.

My OBi200 has only been configured via OBiTALK for Callcentric and Google Voice, and the Simon GVGW settings... no other tweaking.

Do I need to do something with Google Chat... see SteveInWA's post http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

Mike

Your symptom indicates that you don't have Google Chat added to your Google Voice account as a forwarding target.

See my instructions:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

flinchlock

Thanks Steve,

I thought the problem was the Chat/Hangout thing, but had no clue on how fix it.

Your post had me stuck at...
"If you do not see the Google Chat forwarding destination, then open another browser tab, log into Gmail, not GV, and use Google Chat, not Google Hangouts to make one outbound phone call.  This will restore Chat to your list of forwarding targets."

I spent two days working on a major bathroom remodel and searching/clicking in Gmail to find "Google Chat".

I have have NO CLUE what "Google Chat" or "Google Hangouts" are.  I am old and just trying to lower my phone bill.

I guess it was my problem for not reading the next step in your post...
"If your Gmail account is using Google Hangouts, instead of Google Chat, then you need to temporarily revert back to Chat to make the phone call.  To do this..."

Any chance you can change the little black dots to numbers... steps 1 thru 12?

Anyway it is now working... CC does not show any outgoing activity... equals FREE. :-)

Now I am off to find out if the outgoing CallerID phone number can be spoofed to the CC incoming phone number.

THANKS,
Mike

LTN1

Quote from: flinchlock on April 18, 2015, 06:38:06 AM
Thanks Steve,

Steve's old school. We're all lucky he didn't take out punctuations and capitalizations like Koine Greek! Even so, it's still the best instructions for the careful reader.

SteveInWA

If "old school" means writing more than 160 characters and using actual words in the dictionary, then that's me.

SteveInWA

Quote from: flinchlock on April 18, 2015, 06:38:06 AM
Thanks Steve,

I thought the problem was the Chat/Hangout thing, but had no clue on how fix it.

Your post had me stuck at...
"If you do not see the Google Chat forwarding destination, then open another browser tab, log into Gmail, not GV, and use Google Chat, not Google Hangouts to make one outbound phone call.  This will restore Chat to your list of forwarding targets."

I spent two days working on a major bathroom remodel and searching/clicking in Gmail to find "Google Chat".

I have have NO CLUE what "Google Chat" or "Google Hangouts" are.  I am old and just trying to lower my phone bill.

I guess it was my problem for not reading the next step in your post...
"If your Gmail account is using Google Hangouts, instead of Google Chat, then you need to temporarily revert back to Chat to make the phone call.  To do this..."

Anyway it is now working... CC does not show any outgoing activity... equals FREE. :-)

Now I am off to find out if the outgoing CallerID phone number can be spoofed to the CC incoming phone number.

THANKS,
Mike

Google Voice does not support caller ID spoofing.