News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBiWiFi_Setup not showing up

Started by RickyF, April 30, 2015, 07:38:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickyF

I have faithfully followed the OBiHAI instructions for setting up the WiFi adapter with my OBi1022 but I never see the OBiWiFi_Setup network on my computer, my iPad or my cell phone. I have tried dialing *27 to no avail.

Anyone have troubleshooting advice or is the device just DOA?

OzarkEdge

No OBiWiFi experience here, but...

If you plug it in and can't see its SSID, then maybe it's DOA...

Perhaps update the phone firmware?

Have you tried Step 3 from the OBi ata WiFi setup instructions here http://www.obihai.com/wifi?

OE

RickyF

Thanks for trying.

I did try to update the OBi1022 firmware but it has the most recent firmware.

I can't go to step 3 until I have accomplished step 2, which I cannot do.

OzarkEdge

Step 2 OBi Star Code *27 'Run OBiWiFi adapter as access point' should work if the dongle is working and if the star code is not being used otherwise by the dial plan.

Can you login to the phone and see an OBiWiFi Configuration/WiFi Scan... on an OBi202 it reports the dongle presence.  If not present/detected, then maybe a dead dongle?

OE

WelshPaul

Does the OBiWIFI led flash blue at all?

Have you tried it in both USB ports?
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

RickyF

Logged in to OBiExpert and tried all possible combinations for *27 for both profiles A&B without success. So I am guessing the WiFi adapter is broken.  :'(

RickyF

Quote from: WelshPaul on April 30, 2015, 10:22:27 AM
Does the OBiWIFI led flash blue at all?

Yes, it flashes fast initially and then slower, but is definitely receiving power

Quote from: WelshPaul on April 30, 2015, 10:22:27 AM
Have you tried it in both USB ports?

The OBi1022 only has one USB port.

WelshPaul

Quote from: RickyF on May 01, 2015, 06:59:43 AM
The OBi1022 only has one USB port.

So it does, sorry.

Under Status > System Status > WiFi Status do you see DHCP under 'AddressingType' and a MAC address under 'MACAddress'?

I just tried dialing *27 and it didn't work for me either (on my obi1032) but I have heavily configured my phone which may be the reason why it doesn't work for me.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

WelshPaul

Ok *27 does not work on the OBi1032 so I am guessing the same issue exists in the OBi1022 firmware.

I factory reset my OBi1032, waited for it to reboot and then plugged in a OBiWIFI adaptor. Lifted handset and dialled *27 and nothing really happens. No new networks detected on any of my devices.

What I had to do is this... Using the phones keypad, navigate to Settings and press tick, scroll down to WiFi and press tick, with Enabled highlighted press tick to enable it, scroll down and highlight OBiWiFi Setup Mode and press tick again to enable it.

After a few seconds I now get a new WiFi network notification on my ipad called OBiWIFI_MYOBINUMBER and I can connect to it. Next I enter http://192.168.10.1/wifi in my browsers URL which brings up the OBiWiFi Set-Up page.

I am able to complete the setup process.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

RickyF

Quote from: WelshPaul on May 01, 2015, 07:59:24 AM
Ok *27 does not work on the OBi1032 so I am guessing the same issue exists in the OBi1022 firmware...
I am able to complete the setup process.

Thank you. That worked great. I appreciate your assistance.

I am dumbfounded at the poor documentation and support provided by OBiHai.

WelshPaul

Happy my solution worked for you.

The *27 method I believe should work on the OBi1000 series devices as my OBi1032 has the parameter *27, run OBiWiFi as Access Point, wifiap() listed under star codes as does my OBi202.

There must be a bug in the firmware so just in case OBIHAI don't pick it up here I will submit a post in the OBi1032 Beta Testers Forum and hopefully this will be sorted in the next firmware release.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

u4ious

1)  Plug the OBI Wifi Adaptor into the one USB port on the back of the OBI-1022 Phone
2)  Power it up
3)  Wait for the screen to become steady.
4)  Press the Key with the House Icon (Home)
5)  Press the Down arrow 5 times to reach 'Settings'
6)  Press the button with the check mark on it to enter settings.
7)  Press the Down arrow once to reach 'WiFi' setting
8 )  Press the button with the check mark to select WiFi
9)  If the checkbox 'Enable' isn't checked, press the button with the check mark to toggle it on.
10)  Press the Down arrow twice to reach the SSID box and press the 'Scan' button (the left most of the 4 task buttons below the screen.
11) Use the arrows to select your SSID/Wifi Router or Access point.
12) Press the check mark button to select your SSID and then arrow down twice to enter the password for your Network.
Note:  you'll find the extra non-alpha/numeric characters needed on the keypad 1, *, 0 and # keys.

That's about it!