News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Forward on busy from obihai to obihai over LAN

Started by markruz, May 01, 2015, 04:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markruz

Both Obihai 202's are connected to a local network router/gateway.

Incoming GV on SP1 which rings PORT 1 and if busy, PORT 2 via ph2(#) on-busy call forward.

I'd like to extend this setup to a second Obihai. So if both PORT 1 and PORT 2 are both busy, forward to the second Obihai's PORT 1 over the local network.

drgeoff

Set a forward-on-busy on SP2 with destination ob123456789. Change that 9 digit bit to be the OBi number of the second 202.

markruz

Does this use ObiTalk service? Will it be local or will it have to get the IP from Obi's servers and then do a NAT hairpin? Is it possible to forward to a local IP for the second obihai?

Also, just to be clear, when I forward the number to the second Obihai, does the second Obihai form a connection with Google Voice servers or does it stream the call from the first Obihai which then has a connection with Google Voice servers?

azrobert

If you forward a call to an OBi number, you will use the OBiTalk network/OBi servers.
A senior poster (ianobi) stated that once the connection is established, the traffic will flow over your local network.

You can route the call over the local network using the IP address of the other OBi202.

The 2nd OBi202 does not have a direct connection to GV. The call is bridged to the 2nd OBi202 and the 1st OBi202 still has a connection to GV.

If I understand what you want to do, I don't think drgeoff's suggestion will work.
The problem is the call is not coming in on SP2, so defining a call forward on SP2 will not do anything.
The call is coming in on SP1 and forwarded to PH2. Correct?
You can't define call forwarding on a phone port, only SP trunks.

I think you can play games to get this to work.
You would define 2 dummy SIP trunks on SP3 and SP4.
2 existing SIP trunks will work.
Change the forward on SP1 to route the call out SP3 to the IP address and port number of SP4.
Route inbound calls on SP4 to PH2.
Define call forward on SP4.

I never tried this setup, but I did something similar.
I used this technique to route an inbound call to more than 4 devices.

Let me know if you want to try this setup and I'll walk you thru it.
Also, if you want to use OBiTalk or direct IP addressing to forward to the 2nd OBi202.
The OBiTalk setup will be easier.

markruz

Yeah, currently incoming SP1 rings PH1 then forwards via onCallForwardBusyNumber to PH2(#). SP2 is set to Anveo.

I'd appreciate a walk-through very much. :) The way I understand your steps, SP1 will bridge incoming to PH1 then bridge intra-device to SP3 onCallForwardBusyNumber then SP3 will bridge incoming to PH2 then onCallForwardBusyNumber will bridge the call over LAN (via PP(ip:port)?) to second Obi202.

Then on the incoming Obitalk Service of the second Obi202, I'll clear the digitmap and bridge all calls directly to PH1.

Few questions on my mind are:

1. Can I restrict Obitalk calls to the LAN only and disable dialing in via the public Obitalk number.
2. What would be the Obitalk service port that I'd put forward on-busy from SP3?
3. What do I write in the onCallForwardOnBusyNumber field to bridge the call intra-device from SP1 to SP3 on-busy?

Thanks again!

azrobert

OBi202#1

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> CallForwardOnBusyNumber:
sp2(fwd@127.0.0.1:5062)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile C  SIP -> ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1
Voice Services -> SP3 Service -> AuthUserName: anything
Voice Services -> SP3 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: unchecked
Voice Services -> SP3 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: C
Voice Services -> SP3 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: ph2
Voice Services -> SP3 Service -> CallForwardOnBusyEnable: Checked
Voice Services -> SP3 Service -> CallForwardOnBusyNumber: pp(510222222)

OBi202#2
Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute: ph

127.0.0.1 is a loopback. It's the equivalent of the IP address of the same device.
5062 is the port# of SP3
Change 510222222 to the OBi number of OBI202#2

I tested routing the call out and back in on the same SP and it worked.
I did NOT test call forward on busy.
If you don't need SP3, it's better to use two SP trunks.
If anyone else wants to try this method, it did not work on my OBi110 w/build 2824.

QuoteCan I restrict Obitalk calls to the LAN only and disable dialing in via the public Obitalk number.
I don't understand what you are asking.
Do you want to forward the call to OBi202#2 via IP address and not OBi number?

drgeoff

Quote from: markruz on May 08, 2015, 11:51:26 AM

1. Can I restrict Obitalk calls to the LAN only and disable dialing in via the public Obitalk number.
I think not.  But you can make all incoming Obitalk calls except those from specified Obi units (ATAs and Obions) go nowhere.

azrobert

drgeoff,

Thanks. I think I understand the question now.

markruz,

OBi202#2
Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute: {510111111:ph}

Change 510111111 to the OBi number of OBi202#1
Now only OBiTalk calls from OBi202#1 will ring OBi202#2.

markruz

Thanks a bunch for the help azrobert and drgeoff.

So all the individual pieces of the process work correctly, however, it seems that Google Voice doesn't allow more than 2 incoming calls to Google Chat on the same account. So the third incoming call doesn't even register in the history or status of the first Obi202. The third call immediately goes to google voicemail.

Initially I thought the problem was GTalkSimultaneousRing, so I disabled the option on both Obi202s (since the second Obi202 has it enabled on its SP1 for outgoing only). However, this didn't solve the problem either.

I still hope there's something I'm missing in the Obi setup...

SteveInWA

Quote from: markruz on June 02, 2015, 01:39:11 AM
Thanks a bunch for the help azrobert and drgeoff.

So all the individual pieces of the process work correctly, however, it seems that Google Voice doesn't allow more than 2 incoming calls to Google Chat on the same account. So the third incoming call doesn't even register in the history or status of the first Obi202. The third call immediately goes to google voicemail.

Initially I thought the problem was GTalkSimultaneousRing, so I disabled the option on both Obi202s (since the second Obi202 has it enabled on its SP1 for outgoing only). However, this didn't solve the problem either.

I still hope there's something I'm missing in the Obi setup...

Looking at your posts here, plus your post about using GV for outbound calling only on one of two OBis, it's apparent that you're trying to create a business telephone system.  Rather than questions and answers about specific digit maps and settings, if you would describe your desired big-picture use case, you'd get more useful advice in reply.

Google Voice is not designed for business use, and you've run into one of its limitations.  Any modest savings in calling cost will be offset by loss of business revenue or client satisfaction when (not if) callers can't reach you when something goes wrong.  If you can describe your needs, then folks here on the forum can recommend better alternatives.  SIP VoIP providers like Callcentric or voip.ms can provide inbound DIDs with as many channels (simultaneous conversations) as you need, and you can create extensions that can ring whatever SP slots you wish.

azrobert

The OBi default for a trunk is 2 concurrent calls.
I don't know the max for GV.

Change:
Voice Services -> SPx Service -> MaxSessions: 4