News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SP1 = Anveo e911; SP2 = GV. Any problem with that?

Started by RBBrittain, May 08, 2015, 11:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RBBrittain

I switched to PhonePower a year ago due to the impending end of GV on my OBi100; I waited till the end of my year with PhonePower to switch back. To make sure everything was working properly first, I configured GV as SP2 with PhonePower as SP1. Once that came back as connected, I deleted SP1 and added Anveo e911.

So far, everything seems OK; my regular outgoing calls are going thru GV, while the test 933 call to Anveo worked just fine. However, it still seems odd to me that Anveo is SP1 while GV is SP2. Is that OK? If not, is there any easy way to change it?

SteveInWA

I assume you made these changes on the OBiTALK web portal, and not locally through the local web browser interface to your OBi.  IF so, then you would have seen a box allowing you to select which SP to use for emergency calls, and you would have selected SP1.

If you'd like to clean this up and swap SP slots between providers, then just delete both of the SP configurations and start over; it should only take you a few minutes to set it up again.

RBBrittain

Yes, I used the OBiTALK portal; it properly configured SP2 as the primary outgoing line, with SP1 for 911 calls. My question was whether or not having them out of order might lead to any problems that would require me to delete and start over, even though it DOES appear to work properly.