News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Calls getting tansfered to GV Voicemail after 2 rings.

Started by azalea4va, May 19, 2015, 10:48:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azalea4va

I am using an OBI100 with GV.  In the past few days, I have gotten a few calls that I waited for the caller ID number to appear before answering.  That usually happens between the 2nd and 3rd ring. When the caller id appeared I picked up the phone, only to hear GV tell me "OK, i sent the caller to voice mail".  I know GV goes to Voice Mail based on time (25 seconds) not rings, but it was nowhere even near 25 seconds before I answered. This issue has happened on a few calls, not all calls.

When I went online to research that message, I saw some 2013 postings about problems with the GV Chat plugin.  Those posts suggested updating the plugin one's browser was using.  But my OBI100 is only 3 months old and is suing the lastest firmware (1.3.0 [build 2872]).

Any ideas on what is causing these calls to prematurely be redirected to GV voice mail.

SteveInWA

Hi:

This sounds like a problem with your telephone.  The caller ID should appear almost immediately; either on the first or second ring at the latest.  Try some other telephone with your OBi, and also, replace the RJ-11 telephone line cord between the phone and the OBi.