News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Bug Report: Obi200 firmware update

Started by DTonline, May 27, 2015, 06:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTonline

I have three obi200 that needed to be updated to firmware 3.0.1.4738. Two remote devices updated fine but one device( local) keeps showing that the firmware is updated but if i try to do any changes to the SP1/SP2 accounts I get a message that the device needs to be updated and tries to go through an unending update loop. I tried to download the firmware and update the device using the IP address and the same thing happens when I come back to the dashboard in my obitalk account. I have not tried changing/updating the accounts on the remote devices since they are they not accessible, so I cannot guarantee that a similar problem is not existing on those.

Any idea if there is a bug in the update?

MarkM

I have the exact issue on my 202.  

azrobert

Downgrade to firmware 4581.
Download here:
http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-0-1-4581.fw

Load the firmware locally.
Log directly into the OBi using the local interface.
Key the IP address of the OBi into a Web Browser.
Hit Enter
The UserID and default Password are both "admin".
Go to System Management -> Device Update
Under Firmware Update click Browse and find the downloaded firmware.
Click Update

dzblue

Quote from: DTonline on May 27, 2015, 06:08:06 PM
I have three obi200 that needed to be updated to firmware 3.0.1.4738. Two remote devices updated fine but one device( local) keeps showing that the firmware is updated but if i try to do any changes to the SP1/SP2 accounts I get a message that the device needs to be updated and tries to go through an unending update loop. I tried to download the firmware and update the device using the IP address and the same thing happens when I come back to the dashboard in my obitalk account. I have not tried changing/updating the accounts on the remote devices since they are they not accessible, so I cannot guarantee that a similar problem is not existing on those.

Any idea if there is a bug in the update?

I have the same problem as you do; and emailed the problem to tech support. But somehow my update (which was successfully applied) got reverted back to 3.0.1 (Build: 4420) by itself when I left my Obi200 alone for a few hours to attend other things. So under the old firmware (Build 4420) I just went ahead and configured SP3 while ignoring the update. Hope this helps...