News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SIP URI Dialling From OBion/OBiapp via OBiTALK

Started by ianobi, July 14, 2012, 02:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianobi

My Obi110 has a fairly standard setup with sip2sip on sp2. An ITSPB/Msp2 digitmap of @@.'@'@@. (very simple – anything at anywhere). In my OBiTALK InboundCallRoute is ...,{(290123456)>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},...All very standard and sip uri speed dials work fine from the phone port. However, they do not work from the OBion/OBiapp. I believe this is because the speed dial comes in via OBiTALK as an alphanumeric string and the @ in 12345@someplace.org gets swallowed by the @@. In the digit map.

My solution is to change Msp2 to ([^*+]@@[^+].<+:@>@@.|[^*]@@.'@'@@.). The first rule handles speed dials in the format 12345+someplace.org ( some guesswork here, but I know it works!) The second rule is the standard anything@anywhere.

If you now use speed dials in the format **212345+someplace.org they can be used from the phone or OBion/OBiapp. **212345@someplace.org will still work from the phone due to the second rule in Msp2.

**2 in my case as I am using sp2. The **x format is needed to ensure the digitmap is used. Spx(12345+someplace.org) will not work as the spx format avoids any digit map processing.

Using the **212345+someplace.org format we can now also dial in directly to sip uri's from OBion/OBiapp without using speed dials.

An added bonus for those who like to dial directly into their obi not via OBiTALK and who use a ddns service as their obi address, is that you can now effectively dial 12345@someplace.org@my.ddns.uk by using the format **212345+someplace.org@my.ddns.uk.

@QBZappy – I believe you were looking at ways to call into @gmail etc via OBiTALK. This may work for you. I have not tried any gv related sip uri dialling as it's not free here in UK, so I don't use gv!

I know the above works, my hope is that someone may be able to explain why  :)

Edit: Added * etc to digitmap. to prevent messing with OBi Star Codes (thx to a RonR post).