News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Freephoneline voicemail set up

Started by Rob01, July 13, 2014, 11:46:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob01

I just set up Freephoneline on an Obi 200.  We can call out without any problems but incoming calls ring twice and then there is a message "We're sorry messages to this number cannot be accepted".
I contacted Freephoneline support and they say that everything on their end is working as it should and they suggested that the ATA setting needs to be adjusted.
Here is their message:

Technical Support (Fongo Support)

Jul 13 02:15 PM

Hello,

Please be advised that we have verified your account on the backend and it appears to be setup correctly. The issue you are currently experiencing may be caused by an incorrect setting on your ATA or router.

Please verify ATA configuration using the attached document as a reference.

Please check our General ATA setup guidelines: http://support.freephoneline.ca/entries/23120323-VoIP-Unlock-Key-Credentials

Please check our user forums: http://forum.fongo.com/viewforum.php?f=15&sid=27ca37b37742fcf7a4f64edcd6d5cb2f

On your router, please verify that UPnP is enabled and SIP ALG is disabled.

Regards,

Team Fongo Support

assman33

I have the same problem with my OBI100.

I discovered a few things:

1) The problem goes away when I switch to g711 as the default codec. Mine was g729. Unfortunately I dont' have the bandwidth for g711 and I get choppy calls when I use this codec.

2) This problem only came about recently. Freephoneline was working fine with g729 up till a few weeks ago.

So I don't know what to do. Use g729 and have all incoming calls dropped. Or use g711 and get choppy calls.

You might try switching to g711 if you are using g729. The other thing you should check is that your device is registered. I suspect it isn't.

ipse

Not really a topic for the Firmware section. Should be moved.
Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain

MarkObihai

Obihai Technology (London, United Kingdom)