News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Suddenly White Noise

Started by RNet, May 17, 2015, 02:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RNet

I've had my obi 200 as a backup line for about 2 months, everything seemed to work fine with the device.

Today my dad called and I was closer to the obi, so I picked up that line and all I hear is static. The phone I am using is not a very high end, just a vTech cordless, but I wanted to check here for ideas / experiences.

I googled some, finding to try and change it to 100mb full duplex, but I couldn't find the setting in the obi control panel, nor did the 'dial to config' the post spoke of work for me.

Any ideas or experiences?

restamp

I've noticed this same glitchiness (answer or make a call, get white noise after the connection is established) on my OBi200 as well.  Usually (maybe always), when it occurs, it occurs on the first call after a boot of some sort, but it is rare:  It doesn't happen after every boot.  Had your 200 perhaps been rebooted recently?  (It's only happened a couple times to me, so I can't say whether it is something which only affects GV, or if it also affects my SIP lines as well.)

OzarkEdge

Change your phone cord and try a different/wired phone.

OE

azrobert

This is how to set 100mb full duplex:

1. Dial *** 0
2. Enter option 27 and press #
3. Press 1 to set a new value
4. Enter a value of 1 and press #
5. Press 1 to confirm/save
6. Hang up
7. Wait for the OBi to reboot

Boykin

There might be a bad codec on the 200.  After the latest firmware update on my 3 1032s, all incoming calls on all 3 1032s had white noise when you picked up the call.  Outgoing calls worked fine.  I had to disable codec G726R32 to get them to work properly. 

RNet

Sorry for the late replies, thank you also for the suggestions.

When I do any of the dial commands, it seems to have no impact on the situation. Should I hear noises or see lights blink or alike?

I'll look into getting another phone, I wanted to upgrade anyway :)

drgeoff

Quote from: RNet on May 22, 2015, 05:27:32 AM
Sorry for the late replies, thank you also for the suggestions.

When I do any of the dial commands, it seems to have no impact on the situation. Should I hear noises or see lights blink or alike?

I'll look into getting another phone, I wanted to upgrade anyway :)
If you are referring to the 100 Mbit/s full duplex set up you should be hearing voice prompts.