News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

The requested URL was not found!

Started by wpsb, May 09, 2024, 08:27:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wpsb

I tried logging into my devices IP address and got this error: The requested URL was not found!

Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it? I wanted to change some setting and know that obitalk doesn't work anymore.

drgeoff

Quote from: wpsb on May 09, 2024, 08:27:35 AMI tried logging into my devices IP address and got this error: The requested URL was not found!

Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it? I wanted to change some setting and know that obitalk doesn't work anymore.
Check that the IP address you are asking the browser to show is the same as the one read out to you when you dial ***1.

wpsb

I double-checked. It's correct. It even says OBi1000 at the top of the browser (in the tab area) which is even more strange because the device is a 202 not a 1000.

drgeoff

OBi202 contains a router and by default its web server is not accessible via the WAN port.  (The one labelled INTERNET).  You need to change that using the instructions in https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?msg=13.  Near the end of that opening post, look for the bullet containing "OBi202/OBi302 Note: To access the integral web page via the WAN port, you may need to enable WAN access."

NOBi

Exact same problem came up on mine.
No idea what changed as this worked before without issue.
Fix was enabling AccessFromWAN...

System Management/Device Admin/AccessFromWAN/Port:=checked

To be safe, change Port and Webpage Admin Password (in dashboard) since access from internet is now open.
System Management/Device Admin/Web Server/Port

drgeoff

Quote from: NOBi on May 13, 2024, 12:47:34 PMExact same problem came up on mine.

To be safe, change Port and Webpage Admin Password (in dashboard) since access from internet is now open.

1.  Disabled is the default and will be applied if the OBi202 is reset.

2.  Setting it to enabled using the setting above requires connecting the PC to the 202's LAN port and rebooting the PC.  The method I pointed to in my post is easier.  Just a few key presses on the phone.

3.  "since access from internet is now open." is unnecessarily frightening. It is very rare for the 202 to have a public IP address.  There is invariably another NAT router between the public internet and the 202 and that would need to have been deliberately configured to forward port 80 to the 202.

NOBi

Quote from: drgeoff on May 13, 2024, 03:31:07 PM
Quote from: NOBi on May 13, 2024, 12:47:34 PMExact same problem came up on mine.

2.  Setting it to enabled using the setting above requires connecting the PC to the 202's LAN port and rebooting the PC.  The method I pointed to in my post is easier.  Just a few key presses on the phone.

3.  "since access from internet is now open." is unnecessarily frightening. It is very rare for the 202 to have a public IP address.  There is invariably another NAT router between the public internet and the 202 and that would need to have been deliberately configured to forward port 80 to the 202.
As I previously stated, I also lost access to the internal web server, whereas previously accessed it through the LAN IP address.
Setting the AccessFromWAN to enabled, gave me back the internal web server accessed through the LAN IP address just as before, no recabling required.
Does this make sense -- no, but it worked for me, while nothing else I tried got the web server back.
Something funky is going on with these devices as EOL is now here, and undocumented updates are sent to our devices disabling various services. I wouldn't be surprised if attempts are being made to disable local web access prior to shutting down OBiTalk, but I really hope that is not the case. For now, this workaround works.

drgeoff

Quote from: NOBi on May 13, 2024, 07:38:53 PM
Quote from: drgeoff on May 13, 2024, 03:31:07 PM

As I previously stated, I also lost access to the internal web server, whereas previously accessed it through the LAN IP address.
Setting the AccessFromWAN to enabled, gave me back the internal web server accessed through the LAN IP address just as before, no recabling required.
Does this make sense -- no, but it worked for me, while nothing else I tried got the web server back.
Something funky is going on with these devices as EOL is now here, and undocumented updates are sent to our devices disabling various services. I wouldn't be surprised if attempts are being made to disable local web access prior to shutting down OBiTalk, but I really hope that is not the case. For now, this workaround works.
Yes, setting 'AccessFromWAN' is the fix but you have overlooked these points:

1.  That setting is not available via the portal.

2.  The OP's OBi202 is connected to the network via its INTERNET (= WAN) port.  Access to the onboard web server is disabled.  Thus the only access to it is via the LAN port.  That requires physically changing the PC's connection and changing its IP address to be on the 192.168.10 subnet.  After changing the 'AccessFromWan" setting those two changes need to be undone.

3.  The procedure I pointed to is an alternative method to change the same setting without needing to access the onboard web server.  Like many config setting the OBi's IVR can be used.  This particular one is listed at the bottom of page 30 of the Admin Guide at https://www.obitalk.com/info/documents/admin_guide/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf .