News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Please help me. I killed my Obi202 by changing my Google password.

Started by Vibroplex, June 11, 2015, 07:10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vibroplex

WARNING TO ANYONE READING THIS IN THE FUTURE!  DO NOT CHANGE YOUR GOOGLE PASSWORD! 

I am really, totally screwed - I did not know changing by GV password for the first time ever was going to kill my Obi202.  I've now spent the last 3 hours desperately trying to get phone service back at my business.

I have tried to reconfigure from scratch but only get these messages:

This OBi device's annual support period has expired. To upgrade this device, a paid support plan is required.

To purchase support, use the button found in the Support and Warranty tab.

When device's support status is Active, the software update can continue.

and

Hardware Warranty and Premium Technical Support
Start DateDec 2012
End DateDec 2013
StatusExpired
Premium Technical Support(For Out of Warranty Devices)
Price$10.00
Duration1 year
StatusAvailable
Description: Receive premium technical support via email and phone, from Obihai's Help Desk experts even when your OBi devices is not covered by a hardware Warranty.

***********I WILL PAY********** my business has come to a total standstill because I don't have phone service.  When I click the amazon.com payments button to pay the $10.00 I get a message saying it's an outdated version of Amazon Payments and I need to contact the merchant directly.  I can't find anywhere to buy this direct on Amazon nor do I see a direct support phone number for Obihal.

Clicking on the gear for settings on SP1 only leads me back to the same screen.  I then tried deleting the SP1 and starting from scratch to reinstall - I want to make it to this screen:
http://www.obihai.com/tutorial/ngvtutorial6

But as soon as I get to that step, that does not happen - I am back to the messages I see above. 

It will not allow me to select a primary line, select incoming calls, nothing.  I cannot configure it without paying, apparently, which sucks completely but at this point I don't care, I am willing to pay for tech support and cannot do that either.  Help!!!!!!

Vibroplex

Important Message

This version of Amazon Payments is no longer supported. To complete your transaction, please select an alternative payment method or contact this merchant directly. Thank you for your business. -Amazon Payments

azrobert

Try a firmware downgrade.
Download here:
http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-0-1-4581.fw

Load the firmware locally.
Log directly into the OBi using the local interface.
Key the IP address of the OBi into a Web Browser.
Hit Enter
The UserID and default Password are both "admin".
Go to System Management -> Device Update
Under Firmware Update click Browse and find the downloaded firmware.
Click Update

Now delete GV (SP1?) using the dashboard and re-add.