News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Alternatives to Vestalink

Started by DrewMan, July 20, 2015, 09:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrewMan

My 2 years with Vestalink is coming up with soon.  While the service has been good, it will also come down to cost.  Having free GV is compelling but I would pay just to be out of the Google echosystem. 

What are the costs and alternatives I should consider to Vestalink?  Not a heavy user and 911 is not that important.  CNAME is nice and worked fine with SimonTel/GV before I had Vestalink.

Just wanted to see what was new and different out there.

Thanks much.

LTN1

Quote from: DrewMan on July 20, 2015, 09:18:26 AM
My 2 years with Vestalink is coming up with soon.  While the service has been good, it will also come down to cost.  Having free GV is compelling but I would pay just to be out of the Google echosystem. 

What are the costs and alternatives I should consider to Vestalink?  Not a heavy user and 911 is not that important.  CNAME is nice and worked fine with SimonTel/GV before I had Vestalink.

Just wanted to see what was new and different out there.

Thanks much.

Others may have better recommendations but based on the indication that you are not a heavy user and 911 is not that important, you should check out Localphone. They have monthly rates that are very reasonable (800 minutes (incoming is free) for $1.60, etc.). While they don't advertise it, they can port a number in for a fee of $25. As for call quality, average, not great.

BigJim_McD

I like voip.ms for all the features, but the cost can add up for heavy users. 
I have also done some testing of SimonTel/GV. 

Another service that I have tried with my old virtual office Google voice phone number is:

GVsip  >  https://www.gvsip.com/

The web site states: 
Enhance Google Voice
GVsip is a free cloud based service that connects you to
Google Voice and turbo charges its capabilities.

There is a "free" plan that allows 1,000 minutes per month.
There are also several paid options that I have not tried.
BigJimMcD

MurrayB

I have been very happy with VOIP.ms for about 18 months I have four DID with them. CNAM available at a per call charge  and you probably can still port your number at no charge. Feature rich website as well.

Good Luck!

DrewMan

Thanks for your suggestions.  Will check them out.