News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Per Line Ring Tone

Started by TangoBravo, August 31, 2015, 06:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TangoBravo

Hello,

I tried searching the forum (and the manual) for this but couldn't find it.

How do I sent a different ring for each of my 3 lines on my Obi 1062. I figured it would be somewhere in Obiexpert but I couldn't quite find the exact place and I was afraid to just start changing things.

I did find "Ring Profile" but it only had A or B, not the several available in the phone's ring options.

Thanks,

Alfred

drgeoff

Each of A and B profile has 10 RingPatterns. Under the Voice Service you set X_RingProfile and (further down) X_DefaultRing.

kaniki

I only can say for the obi202, but on that, sp1 is set to profile A, and SP2 is set to profile B. What I did on mine was I wanted to change my ring tone back to more of a regular ring tone, like I had with the POTS line, or my VOIP service I had before this. What mine was doing was 2 quick rings, then a 2 second delay, and repeat. I went into profile b under ring settings, unchecked the default box under ring settings so the ring pattern box could be edited, and changed it to 60;(1+3) As far as I know, you need the 60; and the () there, but the numbers that associate inside the () are the timers. For example, on mine, the 1+3 are mean ring for 1 second, wait 3 seconds, and then repeat to ring for one second and wait for 3 more seconds. You can have partial seconds too, so if you have say .5+2, then it will ring for a half a second, and then wait 2 seconds. The X_Default ring is directly related to the ring sequence under number under the ring profile. which I believe is set to the 1st ring sequence by default, you will have to uncheck the default button and select a different number other then 1 to get a different ring sequence.

SteveInWA

Quote from: drgeoff on August 31, 2015, 10:47:38 AM
Each of A and B profile has 10 RingPatterns. Under the Voice Service you set X_RingProfile and (further down) X_DefaultRing.

I couldn't find it with a quick search through the documentation, but you must also take one extra step that is unique to the OBi IP phones vs. their ATAs:  The ring it is set to play by default ("office <x>.wav") doesn't work with distinctive ringing.  Using the phone's on-screen GUI, select "Preferences", then scroll down to "Ringtone" and select bell C.dat.

kaniki

I dont have any obi phones. Only cordless POTs ones. so no worries there. I did find that my old uniden one with specialized ring tone music does still play the music vs the old fashion ring type of ring. as for the 10 ring patterns and X_RingProfile.. Those are in 2 completely different listings. X_RingProfile and X_DefaultRing are both under the first section under the "SP2 Service" listing under "Voice Services" category, where the 2 being the line channel or who you are hooked up to. and the 10 ring pattern part, is under "Ring Settings" category, and then under the "Ring Profile A or B", and then you have to scroll most of the way down, past the call waiting tones, to get to the Ring Pattern 1-10 listings. It took me a while to figure out where everything was, and what it all did.

SteveInWA

Quote from: kaniki on August 31, 2015, 10:45:59 PM
I dont have any obi phones. Only cordless POTs ones. so no worries there. I did find that my old uniden one with specialized ring tone music does still play the music vs the old fashion ring type of ring. as for the 10 ring patterns and X_RingProfile.. Those are in 2 completely different listings. X_RingProfile and X_DefaultRing are both under the first section under the "SP2 Service" listing under "Voice Services" category, where the 2 being the line channel or who you are hooked up to. and the 10 ring pattern part, is under "Ring Settings" category, and then under the "Ring Profile A or B", and then you have to scroll most of the way down, past the call waiting tones, to get to the Ring Pattern 1-10 listings. It took me a while to figure out where everything was, and what it all did.

Seriously, please stop the spam.  You don't have a OBi IP phone, and so your post is irrelevant.

TangoBravo

Did as instructed, even change the perference on the phone itself. No love.

All 3 lines (2 Google voice and 1 phone power) answer with the bell c.dat ring.

the 3 lines as follows
all have ring pattern a
x_default is 1,2,3 respectively
phone is set to bell c.dat.

Any suggestions?

SteveInWA

I haven't had time today to drill down into further testing, but essentially, you need to do exactly what drgeoff posted.  For example, take SP2:  on the Voice Services page, select Ring Profile B, and select Default Ring 2.

Don't forget:  if you make the changes via the device's local web page (e.g. 192.168.0.x), and you haven't disabled provisioning via the OBiTALK portal, it will overwrite your change the next time the phone reboots.  So, make the changes from the Portal, in Expert Mode.

I tried this, and strangely, I get what should be "distinctive ring 3", meaning 3 interrupted rings, rather than the expected "distinctive ring 2", meaning 2 interrupted rings.   So, when I have time, I'll fiddle with it, but why don't you open a ticket with Obihai and ask them?  After all, your phone is under warranty.