News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

how to set up nomorobo with obihai obitalk google voice?

Started by RichE, September 04, 2015, 08:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichE

Is there any way I can set up nomorobo.com to block robocalls with my obihai 110 and google voice?

Do I just add the nomorobo number to the phones google voice rings?

Thanks,

Rich

azrobert

Quote from: RichE on September 04, 2015, 08:59:38 AM
No. It would work if you could add your NoMoRobo number as a forwarding number, but GV requires you to verify the number and there is no way to do that with your NoMoRobo number.

Is your NoMoRobo number tollfree (800)? Is SP2 on your OBi110 free or defined as SIP? You can setup NoMoRobo if the answer is yes to the previous questions.

BigJim_McD

Quote from: azrobert on September 04, 2015, 09:28:51 AM
Quote from: RichE on September 04, 2015, 08:59:38 AM
No. It would work if you could add your NoMoRobo number as a forwarding number, but GV requires you to verify the number and there is no way to do that with your NoMoRobo number.

Is your NoMoRobo number tollfree (800)? Is SP2 on your OBi110 free or defined as SIP? You can setup NoMoRobo if the answer is yes to the previous questions.

RichE,  If you add voip.ms or a Service Provider with similar features, it is possible to configure NoMoRobo to screen all calls.  I use voip.ms and after configuring my NoMoRobo account, I added the following to SP1 where I have voip.ms configured on my OBi200 using ObiTalk Expert Mode.

Voice Services > SP1 Service > X_InboundCallRoute
{>ph,sp1(1866732xyzx@sip.tollfreeproxy.com;ui=$1)}

1866732xyzx represents the number NoMoRobo assignmed to my account.

Update:  As noted by Lightbox
It appears that callwithus is no longer accepting no-registration call terminations.

Using the example from zorlac, I updated to use:
    @sip.tollfreeproxy.com

Nomorobo is working again to intercept Robo Calls.
BigJimMcD

azrobert

I didn't have time to post a more detailed response with my last reply.

NoMoRobo can work with any provider, including GV. "Normally" the service provider is setup to ring your phone and NoMoRobo simulataneously. NoMoRobo blocks robo calls by answering them and produces a busy signal for all other calls. Apparently, NoMoRobi doesn't know about the OBi and only approves service providers that support simul-ring. When you setup your NoMoRobo account just lie about your service provider and pick one on the supported list.

It has been reported that NoMoRobo has assigned non-tollfree numbers to accounts. If you get one of these non-tollfree accounts you won't be able to use NoMoRobo. The OBi is setup to do the simul-ring using a free tollfree provider like tf.callwithus. These tollfree providers use the SIP protocol, so you need SP2 to be defined as SIP.

As part of the setup process, NoMoRobo will send you a test call to see if you are setup correctly, so you need the OBi110 configured before this. I assume you're not using SP2, so you need to define a dummy SIP trunk like this:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName: anything
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: unchecked
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: B

Now setup the simul-ring:
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
ph,sp2(YourNoMoRoboNumber@tf.callwithus.com;ui=$1)

I believe tf.callwithus needs an 11 digit number.

Use OBi Expert to make the above configuration changes

Edit:
I corrected a typo in the Voice Services. I specified SP2 and corrected it with SP1.

Taoman

Quote from: BigJim_McD on September 04, 2015, 11:26:14 AM

{>ph,sp1(1866732xyzx@tf.callwithus.com;ui=$1)}

I'm curious how many times your OBi connected phone rings before Nomorobo answers (when it is a known telemarketer) using this method? More than once?

I seem to remember when I used this method it would sometimes ring more than once which is why I do the fork at VoIP.ms.

Taoman

Quote from: azrobert on September 04, 2015, 02:05:52 PM

It has been reported that NoMoRobo has assigned non-tollfree numbers to accounts. If you get one of these non-tollfree accounts you won't be able to use NoMoRobo.

I just checked again. If you choose Vonage as your provider you will receive a toll-free number.

lrosenman

lrosenman

BigJim_McD

Quote from: Taoman on September 04, 2015, 02:07:43 PM
Quote from: BigJim_McD on September 04, 2015, 11:26:14 AM

{>ph,sp1(1866732xyzx@sip.tollfreeproxy.com;ui=$1)}

Update:  As noted by Lightbox
It appears that callwithus is no longer accepting no-registration call terminations.

Using the example from zorlac, I updated to use:
    @sip.tollfreeproxy.com

Nomorobo is working again to intercept Robo Calls.

I'm curious how many times your OBi connected phone rings before Nomorobo answers (when it is a known telemarketer) using this method? More than once?

I seem to remember when I used this method it would sometimes ring more than once which is why I do the fork at VoIP.ms.

Taoman,  Most often my Portable phone only rings once when NoMoRobo answers.  I seem to remember a time or two when it rang twice.  FYI:  I have my two line portable handset setup on an OBi202, while NoMoRobo is configured on an OBi200 with it's own portable handset that is part of the same "Ring Group".  I don't think that makes any difference in the number of times it rings.  

If I want to verify if a 1-ring call was answered by NoMoRobo, I check the Call History Logs on the OBi200 to see if the call connected.  I setup a speed dial test number with a "CallerID Number Override" using a know SPAMMER phone number to test that NoMoRobo would intercept a call with the CallerID of a known Spam call.
BigJimMcD

RichE

Quote from: azrobert on September 04, 2015, 02:05:52 PM
I didn't have time to post a more detailed response with my last reply.

Thanks, I'll give that a try!

Rich

Redbeard25

Worked like a CHARM!

On the Obi200, it's

QuoteService Providers / ITSP Profile B SIP /ProxyServer
Voice Service / SP2 Service / X_ServProvProfile
Voice Service / SP2 Service / X_RegisterEnable
Voice Service / SP2 Service / AuthUserName
Voice Service / SP1 Service / X_InboundCallRoute

all the values you posted above.

You have to uncheck the "ObiTalk Settings," then uncheck the "Device Default" column for each setting you want to save, then save the page at the bottom.

zorlac

I just set this up on SP4 using "ph,sp4(1866732xxxx@sip.tollfreeproxy.com;ui=$1) & changed "B' to "D" & NOMOROBO's test call verified OK for both our GV#'s in SP1 & SP2.

Pretty Slick azrobert, THANKS!  ;)

Lightbox

You can either register for an account, or use another provider. I ended up using tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com, and it's working well. Simply replace:

1866732xyzx@tf.callwithus.com;ui=$1 -> 1866732xyzx@tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com;ui=$1

proteus

I use GV on SP1 and Callcentric on SP2. I don't have a free SP slot remaining. Can I still use this to verify Nomorobo?

zorlac

This doesn't seem to be working with tollfreeproxy.com anymore.
When I run the nomorobo test it doesn't seem to fork the call over to nomorobo :'( tollfreeproxy.com still has a webpage that says it should work so I'm stumped.
I've rechecked the settings specified in this topic and I'm configured OK.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Taoman

Quote from: zorlac on March 06, 2017, 10:20:44 AM
Quote from: azrobert on March 06, 2017, 09:55:39 AM
See: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31211171-General-TollFreeProxy-Taking-40-Seconds-to-Connect?search=tollfreeproxy
Unfortunately sip.denetron.com or tf.arctele.com don't seem to work either.
ph,sp4(1866732xxxx@tf.arctele.com;ui=$1)

How are you testing? I just tried a speed dial using tf.arctele.com with a known telespammer number and it worked fine. I also use:
tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com

zorlac

Quote from: Taoman on March 06, 2017, 10:26:49 AM
Quote from: zorlac on March 06, 2017, 10:20:44 AM
Quote from: azrobert on March 06, 2017, 09:55:39 AM
See: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31211171-General-TollFreeProxy-Taking-40-Seconds-to-Connect?search=tollfreeproxy
Unfortunately sip.denetron.com or tf.arctele.com don't seem to work either.
ph,sp4(1866732xxxx@tf.arctele.com;ui=$1)

How are you testing? I just tried a speed dial using tf.arctele.com with a known telespammer number and it worked fine. I also use:
tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com
I'm using the nomorobo webpage to make a test call to my GV numbers and nomorobo says it fails.
I even tried these guys http://www.teleinx.com/toll-free-termination but I'm not sure ph,sp4(1866732xxxx@107.161.17.108;ui=$1) would be a valid format after setting the username and passwords to 12345.

Taoman

Make a call to your GV number. Then check your call history. Do you see the call forking correctly to the toll free number with the caller id?
Another toll free proxy I use is:

switch.starcompartners.com