News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Star codes **5, **6, **7, and **8 not using SP5, SP6, SP7, and SP8 as expected

Started by stewarttate, October 08, 2015, 02:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewarttate

I have an OBi504vs that replaced an OBi202
I've owned numerous OBi110's and installed OBi100's for friends.

In the OBi504, I've defined eight (8) service providers (SP1 to SP8) using three unique VoIP services.

**1 SP1 - Google Voice (GV) acct#1
**2 SP2 - GV acct#2
**3 SP3 - Callcentric (CC) extension#1
**4 SP4 - CC ext#2
**5 SP5 - CC ext#3
**6 SP6 - CC ext#4
**7 SP7 - GV acct#3
**8 SP8 - Anveo acct#1
**9 SP9 - Obi Device direct calling

Each of the service provider's is working as expected for incoming calls.
SP1 to SP4 and SP9 are working as expected for outgoing calls.

What is not working as expected is Service Provider Select using dialing codes **5, **6, **7, and **8 to direct outbound calls to SP5 to SP8

I'm guessing this is because the default uses for **5, **6, **7 and **8 have been defined for another purpose and need to be reconfigured on the OBi504vs for the expected purpose.

Given the ability of the OBi504 & 508 to support eight service providers, shouldn't star codes **5,6,7,8 by default be used for Service Provider Select?

How do I correct this issue?

Thank you in advance for your time,

--

Stewart Tate

SteveInWA

Since (I am guessing) none of us own a 504, we'd just be speculating.  Why don't you open a support ticket with Obihai and ask them?

drgeoff

Quote from: SteveInWA on October 08, 2015, 03:14:17 PM
Since (I am guessing) none of us own a 504, we'd just be speculating.  Why don't you open a support ticket with Obihai and ask them?
See  page 12 of http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBi508AdminGuide.pdf where the default **x codes are listed.

AFAIK **5 is 'hard wired' for registering an OBi to the portal and can never be changed from that function.

**81 and **82 default to Bluetooth. **9 defaults to calling by OBi number. **6 and **7 are not defined. I expect that all of **6 through **9 are modifiable.

As the **8 ones show you are not limited to a single digit after the **. You will need to do that if you want to map more than 8 providers (SPs, Obitalk, Bluetooths, POTS).

Maybe you can steal **0 if you never use the AA. I have never tried that.

And **#. ??

Read http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBi-DigitMapCallRoute-Tutorial-v1-1.pdf to learn how all this works and how to customise it.

stewarttate

Thank you for the direction. I hunted in the manuals for the star-star codes and as you state some direction is provided, but it is incomplete. It does not address SP5-SP8 using **5 to **8.

From the manual:
When you want to make a call via a service that is not the Primary Line, you will need to dial that service's access code before the destination number.

The default service route access codes are defined as:
• ** 1 : SIP Service Provider 1 or Google Voice Service 1
• ** 2 : SIP Service Provider 2 or Google Voice Service 2
• ** 3 : SIP Service Provider 3 or Google Voice Service 3
• ** 4 : SIP Service Provider 4 or Google Voice Service 4
• ** 81: OBiBlueBooth 1
• ** 82: OBiBlueBooth 2
• ** 9 : OBiTALK Network

Service route access codes for calling from the PHONE port can be customized if necessary by modifying PHONE Port::DigitMap and PHONE Port::OutboundCallRoute.

I didn't see anything about **5, **6, **7 or **8 listed in the manuals.
Have you seen it listed in a table somewhere?

I wrote support an email but have found this forum to be the best source of information.

Wow, not being able to reconfigure **5 would be a design mistake (in my view).
I'll figure out something that makes sense.

Take care and thank you again.

drgeoff

Once you understand how the existing defaults do what they do, you will understand how to add **6 and **7 and modify any others.