News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Silence an SP

Started by CLTGreg, October 09, 2015, 02:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLTGreg

Searches show a lot of troubleshooting for those that want a phone to ring but it doesn't. I want to go the other way.

I have played with distinctive ring but I'm looking for other ideas. I want one SP to use for nuance callers. In other words, a number I can call out on to see who's trying to scam me but also don't hide it totally and use it as a honey pot. This may sound stupid but I've had other needs that I have to use Google Voice in DND but that doesn't give me CID Name.

Ideally I should enter this as a feature request so this can be set from the portal.

I have an "Obi Anveo" account as well as a standard one. Price per minute wouldn't kill me so I can have call control but I'd rather do it in the device. Perhaps a ring tone that is really low.

thx

drgeoff

Quote from: CLTGreg on October 09, 2015, 02:47:37 PM
Perhaps a ring tone that is really low.
Perhaps not. OBi ATAs do not have fully programmable ring tones.  The only controllable parameter which is available for distinctive ringing is the cadence - the pattern of ringing and no ringing.  Connected to a phone that is not mains-powered you might be able to adjust the volume of the bell or beeper sound by changing the ringing voltage sent by the OBi.  However that is a global parameter which affects all ring patterns so you cannot have calls on one SP ringing more quietly than other SPs.  If the phone is mains powered, reducing the ringing voltage may have no effect except to stop ringing at some threshold point.

Taoman

Not exactly sure of your goal here but one option would be to set the X_InboundCallRoute to {}.  Phone wouldn't ring but you could still call out on that SP trunk. However, you'd have to look at your provider's call log for any details of incoming calls. Nothing would show up in the call log on the OBi itself for incoming calls since there would effectively be no incoming call route for that trunk.

CLTGreg

Thanks and also to drgeoff. That X_InboundCallRoute should do it.