News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

how do I renew anveo 911 service

Started by artgriff, November 25, 2015, 04:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artgriff

I just received an email that my anveo 911 service has expired. How do I renew? I tried from my dashboard but did not find a way to do it. I don't want anveo for a service provider just the 911 service. Thanks for your help.

jnmarshall

artgriff

I thought that it was required to sign up for it to use my Obi.

RFC3261

Quote from: artgriff on December 02, 2015, 04:41:10 PM
I thought that it was required to sign up for it to use my Obi.
Technically, I believe that VoIP providers in the US are required to provide E911 service (or insure that someone else provides E911 service) per FCC rules.  Of course, the penalty is only (in worst case) death, but some will choose to accept that risk and not sign up for such a service by stating that they reside outside of the US (which allows the VoIP providers to assert compliance with all applicable rules).  Of course, there are exceptions to the requirements, and exceptions to the exceptions, but if you are going to try to thread the various needles while staying on the legal side of the process talk with your lawyer (and likely, your fire marshal).

artgriff

Thank you for your reply, But my original questions still has not been answered. How do I renew it through the dash board. Do I delete SP1 and Ringto and start over or do I delete SP1 which is where my Anveo is and try to sign up again? What should I do. The Anveo service has expired and I would like to have it.

LTN1

Quote from: artgriff on December 03, 2015, 04:04:14 AM
Thank you for your reply, But my original questions still has not been answered. How do I renew it through the dash board. Do I delete SP1 and Ringto and start over or do I delete SP1 which is where my Anveo is and try to sign up again? What should I do. The Anveo service has expired and I would like to have it.

It might be quicker for you to just send an e-mail to (or call) Anveo from your Anveo account and ask them how you can renew service as an OBi device holder. I'm sure they will be more than happy to help a customer who wants to renew. Seems a bit odd to wait for days on this forum for a reply. I'm guessing that not too many people here use Anveo.

artgriff

Thank you for your reply, I guess I will have to try that.