News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

2 Obi 202 Issue's (help needed) (configuration of device)

Started by transam98, December 17, 2015, 08:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

transam98

Ive just finished porting (VONAGE 2 TMOB to GV) no problems all smooth over 3 days total ! Im happy !

I have Two issue's...
I have a Obi202
Im using a TWO LINE Phone...

SP1 is a GV (ported from vonage to tmob to GV).. when I life reciever(phone handset)... dialtone is NORMAL (SP1 goes to LINE 1 on obi (inner two leads))
SP2 is a GV and goes to LINE 1 on obi (Two outter leads)
Problem # 1)
When I lift handset of L2 I get a 1/4th second dial tone, then 1/4th second silence then a solid dialtone (this generally is if you have a VOICEMAIL)(like on the old bell system....

Ive logged into the GV (that is set for SP2) and ive got NO VOICEMAILS and NONE in the trash.

Anyone have any suggestions ?
Problem # 2
When I run a network scanner (I actually have TWO Obi 202's)(FYI)...

One has a DEVICE NAME (Called Obi 202) (see pic) (the 192.168.1.95).. the stuff in the parenthesis is what I have named it in the scanning software by its MAC) but as you can see the 192.168.1.96 does NOT have a device name (again stuff in the parenthisis) is what I have named it in the scanner SW, anyone have any SUGGESTIONS as to WHERE in the OBI202 I can NAME the device ? Whne my scanner software scans my lan it queries the devices on the LAN and obviously the .96 isnt returning anything :( Is something off (aka like a ping type of a reply) ?

thanks again to whom can help and has suggestions on these 2 things :)

transam98

SteveInWA

#1:

You have an unread message on the Google Voice account associated with SP2.  It's not necessarily a voicemail; since you already looked there, it is likely a text message.  Look at ALL the folders in that Google Voice account.  Then, to prevent this from happening again, go to Google Voice Settings, on the Calls tab, and remove the check mark next to "Place missed calls in the inbox"

#2:

Not an OBi issue, per se...  but, you can try adding a name for your device on the OBiTALK portal.  Click the device on the dashboard, then fill in the field for "Device display name".  Submit your change.  If that doesn't work, then do your own research.

transam98

Thaks for the reply steve, I logged into the SP2 account, deleted EVERYTHING UNREAD, also deleted EVERYTHING in SPAM and TRASH folder, have NO VM's etc, still have that funny dialtone sound when I pick up that line ;(

Gunna try the other thing on naming it in the portal :)

transam98

ughhhh ;( so I DELETED EVERYTHING as far as CALLS and TEXTS in SPAM,HISTORY,UNREAD,READ etc everything on the LEFT side all BLANK there, did a reboot, still got the funny dial tone sounding like there is a message or vm or text, ohh yea I did the settings-calls and unchecked send missed calls to inbox :)

also see pic attached :) If you mean where I have the RED Arrow pointing did that ;(

SteveInWA

I am not going to spend any more time diagnosing this issue.  Somewhere, on one of those three Google Voice accounts, you have a message that hasn't been read and deleted.  Find it and your problem will go away.

transam98

thanks anyways, ive just went onto all 3 and deleted EVERYTHING and then rebooted... still has a message dial tone... and when I installed that unit I DID do a factory reset. kinda bugs me... O well

LTN1

Quote from: transam98 on December 20, 2015, 06:06:16 PM
thanks anyways, ive just went onto all 3 and deleted EVERYTHING and then rebooted... still has a message dial tone... and when I installed that unit I DID do a factory reset. kinda bugs me... O well

Check all the folders including SPAM and Trash (but not limited to those). Sometimes I get a SPAM message that is unread--and sometimes I trash a message that is unread and since those folders are not visible unless I expand them, the messages are still unread or haven't been listened to yet.

SteveInWA

Log into each Google Voice (not Gmail) account.  In the search bar, enter this and click the search magnifying glass:  is:unread

Click on any items it finds, to mark them as read.

Log onto the local IP address of the OBi that has the problem.  Click on the "Voice Services" section to expand it.  Click on the SP that has Google Voice configured.  Scroll down to the "Calling Features" section of that page.  Locate the these rows:

MWIEnable         
MWIEnable2         
X_VMWIEnable         
X_VMWIEnable2         
MessageWaiting

Disable all of them (remove the check marks).  Click the "Submit" button.  After the OBI reboots, check again for the stutter tone.

transam98

LOL on the pics :)
checked all (ther eis no messages on BOTH SIP's (TXTS or VM's or history) and I checked those 5 things (no checkmarks are on them;(

SteveInWA

Google Voice doesn't even support message waiting indication on OBi devices any more.  Given that fact, and the screenshots you have provided, then there is no way that this could be related to Google Voice.

The only other wild-ass guess thing I can think of, is that you previously configured a different VoIP provider on one of the other SP slots (a SIP VoIP provider, not Google Voice).  That provider had a message waiting.  Go look at the same OBi web page for each of the other SPs on the OBi that is connected to the phone getting the stutter tone, and, if found, remove the check marks as mentioned earlier.

OR, if your phone is actually plugged into some other telephone service (not the OBi), then that service is doing it.

Note:  we are talking about a "stutter tone".  This makes three short dial tones, before the continuous tone.  IF you are hearing something else, then this is a snipe hunt.

transam98

yep snipe hunt ;( this does a dial tone (for about 1/4th of a second) then silent (for 1/4th second) then solid dial tone.... (so not 3 short dial tones...)

transam98

ill try and record the audio tomorrow and put it on youtube :) ive played with the DIALTONE settings (copied SP1 settings of the dialtone to SP2.... didnt make a difference ;(

SteveInWA

Sorry, that's all I can do for you.  I have no idea what you are hearing.

transam98

ok I did like a 10-15 second video (really just the dial tone audio) If you wanna hear....

this is on a TWO line phone.... isung JACK # 1 on the obi....inner two wires (SP1) goto L1 of the phone and outter two wores of JACK 1 on the obi goto L2 on the telephone handset :)

https://youtu.be/QzTV7NY4_Ns

LTN1

Quote from: transam98 on December 21, 2015, 08:04:25 AM
ok I did like a 10-15 second video (really just the dial tone audio) If you wanna hear....

this is on a TWO line phone.... isung JACK # 1 on the obi....inner two wires (SP1) goto L1 of the phone and outter two wores of JACK 1 on the obi goto L2 on the telephone handset :)

https://youtu.be/QzTV7NY4_Ns

Sounds normal to me. Don't hear any stutter tones to indicate voicemail message.

transam98

the 2nd part of the video u will hear the dial tone come on for about 1/4th of a second, go off for about 1/4th a second then on permanately for "line 2"

transam98

just listened to video.... somehow it clipped the latter part of audio will redo

transam98

my appologies, It got clipped as the "video" wasnt long enough to match the video...

here:
https://youtu.be/m8DGxHruBOU

drgeoff

Bouncing relay in your two line phone?

Plug the two line phone into PHONE2 jack of the Obi. Now what dial tone do you get on the phone's Line1?