News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SP2 configuration for GV via local web portal instead of Obitalk .

Started by sportflyer, March 10, 2016, 12:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sportflyer

I have one of the older OBI100 which is out of warranty.  I have SP1 configured for Voip.ms.  SP2 not configured .I tried  to add GV in SP2 using Obitalk Portal but I get a POPup  message that I need to $10/year .

My older firmware  build 2824 allows me to configure SP2 and GV via local Obi web portal .  After I configure GV for SP2 locally , will the OBitalk web portal reflect what I have done locally ie show that SP2 is now configured for GV?

Tks

SteveInWA

How about searching through the forum?

Just upgrade your device's firmware and use the current authentication method.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=10065.0

SteveInWA

By the way, I saw your discussion thread on DSLReports with the assorted cranks and Angry White Men.  Just read the linked post I linked above, and deal with it.  It should take you less time to do it, then the time it took for that ridiculous discussion over there.  There is no conspiracy nor intent to defraud.

sportflyer

Quote from: SteveInWA on March 10, 2016, 05:29:14 PM
By the way, I saw your discussion thread on DSLReports with the assorted cranks and Angry White Men.  Just read the linked post I linked above, and deal with it.  It should take you less time to do it, then the time it took for that ridiculous discussion over there.  There is no conspiracy nor intent to defraud.

I was did not participate  in that particular thread .

Since I have SP1 already configured for Voip.ms ,  can I  manually update to latest firmware locally and then login to Obitalk Portal to configure SP2 for GV without removing and reinstalling my device from Obitalk portal? Or would Obitalk just overide my latest firmware? Tks

azrobert

I think you meant to ask "would Obitalk just overide my latest configuration?".
OBiTalk will override your current configuration.

Start with step 5 here:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8685.0

sportflyer

I think the best way is to use SteveinWa's method since I prefer to use the Obitalk portal to configure GV . I am wondering whether I will lose my voip.ms settings when  reattach the device to Obitalk after locally installing latest firmware .

SteveInWA

So, I guess it was some other guy whose handle is "sportflyer" posting the exact same problem...   :-\ >:(

You can try just deleting your existing Google Voice configuration, then upgrading the firmware per my instructions, then adding the Google Voice configuration back again.  If it doesn't work, then yes, factory-reset the device and start over.  It will only take a few minutes.  As for voip.ms, as long as you know your voip.ms SIP account and password, you can also use the  OBiTALK portal to automatically set up your voip.ms account.  Just click the desired SP1 oor SP2, configure GV on one of them, then click the other SP, and instead of selecting Google Voice, look down at the bottom of the web page for "OBiTALK Compatible Service Providers", and click "Next".  On the next page, click "voip.ms", fill in the simple form with your SIP credentials, and you're done.

I would not follow azrobert's instructions to backup and / or restore your device, given that it has very old firmware on it, and also old/invalid GV config data.  Just start over.  It's not that hard.

sportflyer

I dont have GV configured in OBi100. I went to Voip.ms after Obihai told us that Google wont support them. So I only have  Voip.ms in SP1 and SP2 is not configured.  Over at Google Voice page ,  I had to forward my GV to Voip.ms for the incoming ring to work . I still use GV as my incoming phone number instead of Voip.ms   I think its best to follow your method and start all over again . It not difficult to do . ..Hopefully I wont brick my device while upgrading firmware to build 2872. Tks

SteveinWA.,

I completed the firmware update and reconfiguration in less than 15 mins . Thanks very much.