News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Flashing Red/Green power

Started by Orple, March 10, 2016, 04:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orple

Hello. I have an OBi100 bought in 2013, using it for Google voice. The power light was flashing green when it was first discoverred to not be working so I tried a different power cord and it began working for a short time. Now it is flashing red/green. I tried the reset with paperclip for the first time and nothing happens at all. I tried unpluging to reset, just flashes red/green. The obi dashboard says SP1 offline. Looked in my router for ip, and it lists it as OBi110 where it was OBi100 before, matching the actual devise. I pulled up the ip address which shows firmware update form. I uploaded OBi-latest.fw and installed successfully, but the obi didn't reboot properly, still red/green flashing light.

So, questions are, why does it identify itself in my router as the 110 model now and is that the problem? Or, id the devise dead in less than 3 years. Thanks for your consideration.

ETA my router, besides now calling it an OBi110, says the status is "on".

Orple

Well, I got tired a waiting for the last 2 days for support to reply to my request for help. Maybe they ignore the ones for devices past warranty. I highly suspect the problem is they they updated the firmware with the OBi110 version instead of 100, which I can't find anywhere. After shopping around, it appears they are ditching the 100 and likely pushing out the 110 also, since the price for that model is above the 200. I dumped Quicken because they won't support their product more than 3 years and I didn't even make it to 3 with my Obi. I was forced to buy the 200 model which has useless features. I read that the voip fax doens't even work well. I would have preferred to dump Obi, but for now it is the best option.  >:( Not a happy camper.

Taoman

Quote from: Orple on March 12, 2016, 07:35:22 AM
I highly suspect the problem is they they updated the firmware with the OBi110 version instead of 100, which I can't find anywhere.

Your suspicions are incorrect. Firmware for the 100 and the 110 is the same which is why you can't find any firmware just for the 100. There is no such thing. This is the latest firmware for your device:

http://fw.obihai.com/OBi110-1-3-0-2872.fw

You may also wish to read this if you haven't already:

https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/Troubleshooting-sec/power-light-meanings

Quote from: Orple on March 10, 2016, 04:07:38 PM
so I tried a different power cord and it began working for a short time. Now it is flashing red/green.

This may indicate a problem with your power adapter. If possible, try a different one as they are cheaply made from China with a higher than average failure rate.

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2873.0

Orple

As I said in my first post, Taoman, I tried a different power supply and it worked for a few hours. I even tried a different one, just in case that one went bad suddenly. If it has always been updating with the same firmware for the 110 as the 100, it makes no sense it was identifying itself to my router as a 100 before but now identifies itself as a 110. Further, I already read the page you linked and followed all the troubleshooting there and in threads here. Finally, I also said I updated the firmware manually and it reported updated successfully, still no change with the adapter. Since support didn't see fit to answer me and no one here had any further ideas, I gave up.

Orple

I got a response from support Saturday and they told me it is time to replace with the 200 from amazon.