News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't SEND Faxes from OBI200

Started by dyoon441, May 27, 2016, 11:37:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyoon441

I've set up 2 new OBI200 adapters because I read online that they do a good job letting analog fax machines work through an Asterisk PBX server.  It's registered properly and I can make and receive calls.  I can even receive faxes just fine.  But I can't SEND faxes.  The fax machines make the call, squeal and even print out OK confirmation pages....everything looks like it's working.

But the faxes never go through.  What setting am I missing?  I've gone through all the settings and read online as much as possible about this.  I can't get through to Obihai tech support either.

Can someone please help?

Mango

1) Do you have ECM turned on?  If ECM is off, that would explain why the fax machines are claiming the fax is successful but it is not.

2) Does your service provider support T.38 and have you verified it is enabled and working?

dyoon441

ECM is turned on and enabled.

I have a Switchvox PBX by Asterisk and I believe that it is T38 capable.  We have other VOIP adapters like the Linksys SPA2102 and they are working fine.  I heard that the OBI200 is better than the Linksys for faxing so I got 2 of them....but I can't make them work. 

I'm about to sell these off and get more of the Linksys, but I feel like I'm missing that one check box that will make these work!  :(