News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Error: no service configured

Started by mj56gt, June 14, 2016, 07:25:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mj56gt

My Obi110 with GV had been working fine until last night I got an error message of "No Service Configured".

When I went to the dashboard on obitalk.com and tried to configure SP1 with my GV account, I see the message of asking me to pay $10 for firmware upgrade. I also did factory reset and re-adding the device, but still ended up being stuck with the firmware update stage.

I'm not so sure what happened to the original settings: Could someone in my family have incidentally change the settings through button pushing on phone?

So what are my options?

1) Pay $10 and get the firmware update? Would this update allow me to reconfigure the Obi110?

2) Is there a way to download and install a recent version of firmware myself?

Thanks in advance!

Mango

Many users are experiencing this problem.  It is unlikely caused by your family accidentally dialing a code.

You need to do a manual firmware upgrade to avoid the fee: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11256.msg73954#msg73954

If you cannot manually update your firmware because you do not know your OBi ATA's admin password, follow the directions to factory reset your OBi ATA: https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/Troubleshooting-sec/How-to-Factory-Reset

mj56gt

I really appreciate the pointer! Will try out the firmware update tonight...

Thank you for the help! And have a wonderful day!

Abe1

I ran into this issue today Jun 14, 2016.  I have my Obi100 configured with SP1 for Google Voice and it worked fine till yesterday. Today when I checked, it was on 1.3.0 build 2872 FW. And saw this message on their portal ("Acquiring Service (0)", or "OFFLINE" in ObiTalk DashBoard).

After spending some time googling, found a fix - Manually upgrade the FW to OBi110-1-3-0-2886.fw. Even though it s for OBI110, it will work for OBI100. Just wanted to share this and hope it helps someone out there !!

Abe1

I ran into this issue today Jun 14, 2016.  I have my Obi100 configured with SP1 for Google Voice and it worked fine till yesterday. Today when I checked, it was on 1.3.0 build 2872 FW. And saw this message on their portal ("Acquiring Service (0)", or "OFFLINE" in ObiTalk DashBoard).

After spending some time googling, found a fix - Manually upgrade the FW to OBi110-1-3-0-2886.fw. Even though it is for OBI110, it will work for OBI100. Just wanted to share this and hope it helps someone out there !!

hapollo

For those on Pre-OAuth2 who need to upgrade to get it working again, can someone confirm under what circumstances will there be $10 ransomware I see here?

Background
1) I have always used manual configuration and disabled the portal
2) I have always manually upgraded the firmware and stayed with Pre-OAuth2.
3) The only use I've had for the Obitalk Portal is to create a ObionNumber for Obion APP.

Assumption:
So, if I upgrade to 2886 OBi1xx and 5264 for OBi2xx
1) I manually upgrade the firmware
2) GV login in credentials get deleted by Post OAuth2 compliant FW

Questions:
1) I MUST use Obitalk to authenticate GV as there will no longer be any SIP credentials on Service Providers for GV?
2) What actually triggers the $10 pop-up during an upgrade?

Thanks.

Mango

1) Google Voice uses XMPP, not SIP, but you are correct that with 2886 you must authenticate using OBiTALK.

2) The $10 popup seems to be triggered by having an old firmware version on an out-of-warranty device.  Users report that a manual upgrade eliminates the problem.

hapollo

Thanks Mango.

Found this while researching. I'm sure you already know most of it but for the benefit of others who may encounter Backing off and are Pre-Oauth2.

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

Doing a little more research before I take the plunge as you know there is no going back once I go to OAuth2.