News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi100 backing off

Started by pothound, June 15, 2016, 03:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pothound

hi i lost service with my obi100. it is working with google voice. in the configuration status it reads: backing off (3s) tcp connection to 173.194.203.125 failed. what does this mean? is there any way i can fix this?  thank you
pothound

halcomp

It's not just you. I have exactly the same problem. It began sometime yesterday, June 14.

The settings in the obi100 had not changed. I am having no other Internet problems.

I have restarted the obi100 and the modem. I have tried connecting the obi100 directly to the modem. I have set the DNS provider in the obi100 to 4.2.2.2, even though the "Backing off" message includes an IP address, indicating that DNS is working properly.

A friend of mine in the area is having no problem. He and I are both Time Warner Cable customers.

halcomp

Replying to my own post and apologizing for not reading further down the list. Plenty of discussion on this topic but this one was at the top.

Mango

For Pothound, here is the instructions: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11256.msg73954#msg73954

Halcomp, glad to see you got things working.

pothound

thank you  i have my service back. i downloaded the new firmware 2886. not being a wiz on computers, i had a problem getting the update to the obi100. long story.
pothound

dqami

Wow, I'm glad to have this forum available as I saved a lot of time and headache trying to figure out this problem. I had the same problem as everyone else on my OBI100. I first tried to get the firmware by dialing xxx6 but couldn't get it so I went online and downloaded it. Then followed the instructions you guys provided to update  and it works like a charm now. THANK YOU!