News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Demo of an OBi to OBi telephone call

Started by RickFromJersey, July 13, 2016, 12:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickFromJersey

For those who may not have tried it yet here is an MP3 of what it sounds like making an OBi to OBi call. For this demo I used my softphone number through the OBiON app, First thing I did after logging in is dial my OBi 200 number i.e. **9 00000000 (Note this is not my real number) and pressed the green call button, it is then routed to the OBi Attendant with three options, in this case press 1 and the call was then routed to my house phone connected to my OBi 200 ATA after two rings I picked up phone and started talking, After hanging up the line went into reorder.

Additional Note, when dialing directly from a phone set connected to an ATA to another OBi number the call is not routed through the OBi Attendant.

azrobert

FYI your OBi200 can be configured to work without the Auto Attendant. First, one of your OBi's is assigned as a Gateway for the OBiON app. You can view/change the Gateway from the Dashboard by clicking on OBiON. If OBiON is not listed on the dashboard, it can be turned on in your profile. When you dial a number from OBiON without the "**9" prefix it is sent to the Gateway, so the following won't work sending calls to a non-gateway. The OBiTalk InboundCallRoute will get control when receiving a call from OBiON.

Use OBi Expert to make the following change on the Gateway OBi:

Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute:
{>0:ph},{290123456>(Msp1):sp1},{ph}

Replace 290123456 with your OBiON's OBi number.
Dial 0 to ring the OBi phone port.
Any other number matching the ITSP A DigitMap will be routed to your SP1 provider, so dialing 18005551212 will be sent to SP1.
A call from another OBi will ring the phone port.

If the above doesn't meet your requirements, the rules can be as complex as you want. You can also simplify calling over the OBiTalk network from the phone attached to the OBi.