News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Config for OBI 2002 with 2 Freephoneline and Google Talk LD

Started by KevOBI, August 06, 2016, 08:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevOBI

Hello everyone!

New to the OBI.. I'm wondering how I would go about setting up the following:

I am purchasing an OBi202

I currently have 4 VOIP services.

1. [Primary - Line 1 - Inbound and Outbound - Local calls only] - Freephoneline.ca (Home Phone number) - (CallerID should show as the home phone outbound number)

2. [Primary - Line 1 - Outbound only - Primary Long distance calls only - (but available as Backup local outbound calls)] - Google Voice

3. [Secondary - Line 2 - Inbound and Outbound - Local calls only] - Freephoneline.ca (Business Phone number) - (CallerID should be displayed as the business line when dialing outbound)

4. [2nd Backup for Primary and Secondary Lines - Outbound only] - Skype Service with Skype to Phone enabled.

Physical Phone Setup
Both Physical Lines used but I want All phones to ring differently depending on whether business line is ringing or home line is ringing. so no separation on the physical line part.

Is this set up possible and how would you configure this on the OBi202 ?

Thanks.

drgeoff

1, 2 and 3 are possible.  Not sure what you mean by 4.  OBi devices do not support Skype.

The first step is to get the OBi SP 'slots' to SIP register with the providers.

Second step is to configure the digit maps and OutBoundCallRoutes. http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBi-DigitMapCallRoute-Tutorial-v1-1.pdf

Third step is to adjust the ring cadences.

You should decide up front whether you will configure your 202 via its onboard web GUI or via the OBitalk portal in Expert mode.  You must do the GV setup using the portal.

And probably a good idea to update the firmware to latest before you start.

KevOBI

Thanks for responding,

I thought I read somewhere that someone has configured the OBi202 to use with Skype calls. Apparently some middle software was involved ?

If skype isn't possible that's not the end of the world.

So firmware auto updated for me when I connected the device.

I'm unsure about why I need to configure from the OBItalk web interface versus the local and why there are options for this in the first place ? Is this device truly independent or does it rely heavily on a web based service from OBI ? I always prefer complete control over whats transmitting back and forth and who has my config. This having options local overridden versus OBitalk server settings are a bit confusing... So I am bit confused as to the next steps of configuration (as in specifics to update), Do I manually input service provider and profile settings for each ?

Perhaps someone can post their Obi202 setup step by step ?

SteveInWA

Google Voice setup on OBi devices requires use of the OBiTALK web portal to interact with your Google account, to give your permission to OBiTALK to access the Google Chat service on your Google account.  It does this by using the OAUTH 2.0 authentication method to exchange secure access tokens with Google.  After the setup, your device will access your Google account directly, without involving OBiTALK, and without exchanging or exposing any passwords.  Don't worry about it; just follow my instructions, here:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

Here's a link that discusses freephoneline setup:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=10865.msg71604#msg71604

azrobert

Quote from: KevOBI on August 09, 2016, 08:32:23 PM
I thought I read somewhere that someone has configured the OBi202 to use with Skype calls. Apparently some middle software was involved ?
SipToSIS is a free Skype gateway. It must be installed on a computer and it interfaces with Skype on the same computer. You sign into Skype on a computer. SipToSIS acts as an interface between your OBi or any other SIP device and Skype.

See:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3920.0

The above post is 4 years old and I stopped using Skype years ago, so I don't know if this still works. I assume it does.