News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

HUGE Bandwidth Consumption, Even When Not Being Used

Started by lowdough2, September 08, 2016, 10:54:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowdough2

All of a sudden, my OBI200 is consuming 2 MB/s bandwidth, even when there's nothing going on.  It's FAR more than even streaming TV over the internet.

I checked my router, and sure enough, it's all going downstream to the OBI.  When I unplug the OBI or its network cable, it stops.  When I plug it in again, it starts right back up.  I did it three or four times to be sure.  I checked the Obitalk configuration site and there's no indication that it is updating or anything.

Here's a potential clue.  I had Google Voice set up as the outbound primary line and voip.ms also set up.  I deleted the Google Voice from the OBI2 configuration and the bandwidth settled down.  THEN I noticed that the VOIP.MS had not automatically taken over as the primary outgoing line.  When I checked that box for the VOIP.MS setup in the OBITALK site, the data consumption started right back up.  It's now unplugged physically till I can figure it out.

Comcast recently imposed a 1 TB a month limit and, although my typical usage had been about 300 gb a month till now, I've now consumed 900 gb in only 8 days due, primarily to this.

Any ideas what might be causing my OBI to be so data-hungry all of a sudden?

Thanks

Dennis

Jackson

You say all of a sudden.  Has anything at all changed with your computer at the same time?

Maybe you can try this.
https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/Troubleshooting-sec/How-to-Factory-Reset