News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Need Help routing number to ports

Started by mfranks, October 13, 2016, 09:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfranks

Hello I have a sip trunk configuration with two numbers  and I'm trying to see how to route each number to a different phone port. I have two phones and when I call those two numbers it just rings to one phone. I have a obi504vs

drgeoff

You have the two numbers on different 'Voice Services'.  Each one has its own X_InboundCallRoute.  Ensure that one is set to ph and the other to ph2.  (Or whatever two physical phone ports you want to use.  ph is a short form of ph1.)

mfranks

Thanks for the answer, but can you have more than one number on an SP. If so how do you route them to different ports. My server is skyswitch and I have two numbers going through one SIP Trunk. Would I have to create another sip trunk and attach that number to SP2

drgeoff

One number per SPx under 'Voice Services'.  Configure 'Voice Services/SP2/SIP Credentials'' with the SIP registration details of the second number.  If it is the same provider as the first number you don't need to repeat the 'Service Providers' stuff. Just have SP2/X_ServProvProfile set to 'A'.