News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Loosing registration every couple of days

Started by Augusto, July 21, 2011, 06:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Augusto

Every couple of days, my Obi100 becomes unable to register; it displays "Register Failed: No Response From Server" as service status. If I reboot the device, or turn it off for a couple of minutes, it still can not register. In order to it to register again, I need either to reboot my modem/router, or turn the Obi off for several hours, or change to an alternative SIP server. Google Voice keeps working fine when this happens. Port forwarding does not correct the problem.

From what I observed, this problem happens every time my ISP changes my IP address. Does that sound reasonable? What could I do to address this problem?

Thank you.

QBZappy

Augusto,

I had a similar problem with my SP Freephoneline. I never did figure out the reason for that. Now, I'm not sure why, it has been stable for a long time. Make sure you have the latest firmware.

What SP are you having problems with?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Augusto

I am using voip.ms, and my firmware is the latest version.

QBZappy

I also use voip.ms. This service provider has been rock solid for me.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Allan

I am using a free sipgate account.  At first it registered fine, then the next day I see:

"Register Failed: No Response From Server "
"(server=204.155.28.10:5060; retrying)"

Are there logs I can tail?  I don't want to start messing with Expert mode settings, especially as it was working.

RonR

Quote from: Allan on August 20, 2011, 09:51:10 AM
Are there logs I can tail?  I don't want to start messing with Expert mode settings, especially as it was working.

You can run a Syslog server on your PC and point the OBi to it at:

System Management -> Device Admin -> Syslog -> Server : (your PC's LAN IP address)

Granite

Did you ever resolve this issue?  I seem to be having the very same issue.

Thanks!

Obvdobi

same here, I have the exactly same issue and the same VOIP provider: voip.ms.

Any solution?

Obvdobi

Quote from: Obvdobi on August 02, 2012, 06:28:37 PM
same here, I have the exactly same issue and the same VOIP provider: voip.ms.

Any solution?

After searching through google, opening certain port forwarding from my router, it is still not working.

Some tips from DSLreports.com helped me to fix the problem. The obi box stay connected to VOIP.ms correctly now.

I use Tomato firmware on my ASUS  RT-N16 router.  The default for UDP timeout is set as: Unreplied 30 secs, ASSURED 180 secs.  After changing Unreplied to 10 and Assured to 300, the box stay connected to voip.ms.

Hope it helps.

QBZappy

Obvdobi,

Found the same advice. Mango is our hero.