News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No Service Configured Error

Started by SPATL, March 05, 2017, 10:59:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPATL

Hello, I just purchased new OBi200 and am having tough time setting it up. I have comcast internet service, Netgear router to which I have connected Obi200 device. When I login through obitalk to add device and dial **5+code, I get no service configured error. I am trying to add my GV number.

I added the static IP to DMZ as was suggested in the forums, upgraded firmware and am clueless at this time.

Need your guidance to get this to work. Cannot believe it has to be so difficult to get this to work.

Please advise.

SPATL

I have been through that process and it did not help. Hence I am seeking advise on this forum. I have attempted to do the below, but cannot get it to work. Adding to DMZ did not help. I am not if there is any issue with Netgear routers and Comcast working with Obi200. All other internet connected devices work fine on my router. I am not sure if I should do some special tweaks to the router to get it to work on the router. Please advise.

---------------------------------------
Are you able to dial **9 222-222-222 to reach the Echo Test Server?

Yes

No

Put your OBi to DMZ on your router's settings and reboot the router (click HERE for example). Try adding your device again.
----------------------------------------------

drgeoff

You appear to have either not read or ignored the "tell us what happens, in detail" advice from SteveInWA.

"did not help" and "cannot get it to work" are next to useless.

Please confirm that the power LED is solid green and that your call to **9 222 222 222 was successful.

SPATL

Okay. When I added to DMZ and dialed the **9 222-222-222, the call does not go through. It just goes blank and no sound.

drgeoff

Do a factory reset (dial ***8 and follow the prompt) and start afresh.

SPATL

Thank you. I will try that and advise of the findings.

SPATL

I tried resetting, but do not get any prompts. The call just hangs up. What can I do further?

SteveInWA

"...follow the prompts" means:  Pick up the phone attached to the OBi.  Press ***8.  You should then hear a voice telling you to press 1 to confirm factory reset.  Are you saying that you do not hear that voice?  IF so, then either your telephone is defective, or your OBi is defective.  Try using a DIFFERENT telephone.  Do NOT connect your OBi to any house telephone wiring.

SPATL

I do not hear any voice telling to press 1.

After couple of reboots, I get "No service Configured Error" when dialing **5+code.

I am using Panasonic KX-TG1031S phone.

If the Obi is defective, what is the process to get it replaced. I purchased it from Amazon sold by Obi.

SteveInWA

SPATL

Okay. I tried with a different phone, but it did not work.

If the Obi is defective, what is the process to get it replaced. I purchased it from Amazon sold by Obi.

SteveInWA

Simply follow the regular product return process with Amazon.

It is possible, but rare, that Amazon got your current unit back as a return, and, rather than trash it or otherwise not sell it again, it got put back into stock.

SPATL

drgeoff

Quote from: SPATL on March 06, 2017, 12:19:04 PM
After couple of reboots, I get "No service Configured Error" when dialing ***5+code.
Is that extra '*'  a typo or what you dialled?  Either way it suggests that carelessness on your part may be a contributory factor to your OBi issues.

SPATL

It was a typo. I am not sure what you mean by carelessness on my part. I have read through all of the troubleshooting instructions on the website and nothing appeared to fix the issue. That's when I came on the forum to seek help.

Upon rebooting the device, I get the automated error "No service configured error" and asking me to configure on obitalk.com

I am not sure, if I should consider this error message to mean the device is good, but something else on router needs tweaked or the Obi device itself is defective.

SPATL

Okay. After spending couple of hours fiddling with it , I think I made some progress. I am now able to add the device and get it to register on obitalk.com. My GV inbound calls are working , but outbound calls are not working. I can receive calls but cannot make calls using the cordless phone.

Any suggestions what I can do to resolve this issue?

drgeoff

Like getting blood from a stone!

1.  You have given no details of your "fiddling" which means:

1a.  We have no idea of what you have done that might be causing your outgoing GV calls to fail.

1b.  You have not contributed anything which might help anyone else with the problem you encountered initially.

2.  Again you have merely written "not working" despite several previous enjoinders to provide detailed information about what does happen.

SPATL

All I did was kept rebooting the Obi device, router and my cable modem. I did not do anything more than that. After few attempts, I was finally able to add the device the website.

I not sure what other information I can share with you. If there is a specific pieces of detail you are looking for, just let me know so I can share if I am aware of it.

drgeoff

So all settings are at default values except the ones that will have been configured by the portal when you used it to set up GoogleVoice on the OBi.  Yes or no?

If you don't already know the local IP address of your 200, dial ***1 and listen for it.  Point a web browser at that address and log in with admin and admin.  On the left hand side, click on Status and then on Call History.  The right hand column of that will show what, if any, number the 200 is asking GV to call.  Does it match you expect, remembering that GV does not accept 7 digit numbers.