News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No Service Configured Error

Started by SPATL, March 05, 2017, 10:59:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPATL

Yes, that is correct. All settings are at default values except what has been configured by the portal.

I know the IP address of the device and have logged into it via the browser. When I checked the call history, I only see incoming calls but no outbound calls. It appears like OBi200 is not receiving the calls being dialed from the cordless phone. When I dial the 10 digit phone number on the cordless phone, I only hear beeps for each of the digits dialed and then it goes to dial tone. I am not sure if this information helps diagnose the issue. Let me know if I should try something else to get you more information.

drgeoff

Can you successfully call the **9 222 222 222 echo test number?

SPATL

No I cannot call the **9 222 222 222 echo test number.

drgeoff

What do you hear when you dial ***0 ?

SPATL

I hear the message "Welcome to OB attendant", Main Menu, Press 1 to continue this call, Press 2 to make a new call, press 3 to enter a callback number

Upon pressing 1, it gives a message "There is no service available to complete this call"

Upon pressing 2, it gives a message "Enter PIN followed by a # key"

Upon pressing 3, it gives a message "Enter PIN followed by a # key"

drgeoff

When you dial **9 222 222 222 what do you hear and what does the Call History show after that.

And while logged in to the 200's local web interface what does the Status page show against all of these:

In WAN status section:
Addressing Type
IPAddress
SubnetMask
DefaultGateway
DNSServer1
DNSServer2

In Product Information section:
SoftwareVersion

In SP1 Service Status section (or whatever SP you have used for GV):
Status

In OBiTALK Service Status section:
Status.  (If an IP address is shown there, replace the last two of the four parts with xxx.xxx)

SPATL

When I dial **9 222 222 222 it appears like the phone is dialing the number and then it immediately goes beep, beep, beep, beep...

In WAN status section, below is what I see:
Addressing Type: DHCP
IPAddress: 192.168.X.XXX
SubnetMask: 255.255.255.0
DefaultGateway :192.168.1.1
DNSServer1: 8.8.8.8
DNSServer2: 192.168.1.1

In Product Information section:
SoftwareVersion: 3.1.1 (Build: 5463EX)

In SP1 Service Status section (or whatever SP you have used for GV):

In OBiTALK Service Status section:
Status: Normal (User Mode) (4);ex-addr=98.192.XX.XX:10000(10000)

Let me know if this helps.

SteveInWA

Quote from: drgeoff on March 07, 2017, 08:47:33 AM
What do you hear when you dial ***0 ?

You should have heard "Enter option followed by the pound sign..." etc.  Not "Welcome to OBi attendant."

Try again.

If the OBi is not recognizing touch tones from your phone, and you did, in fact, try a completely different telephone and telephone cord, and you positively know that both of those telephones work when plugged into some other telephone service, then your OBi is defective.  Send it back already.

SPATL

Thanks SteveInWA. I tried again and I get the same message "Welcome to OBi attendant...."

I know the cordless phone works because I can receive calls on the same phone/device and talk using it. I cannot place calls using the phone and device. I am not sure what to make of it. I will try a different phone and see if works.

azrobert

Are you dialing 3 stars or 2 stars followed by zero? "**0" will send you to the Auto Attendant.

If the OBi200 is not recognizing the 1st star then dialing "*9222 222 222" will produce a busy signal. Try dialing an extra star.

SteveInWA

Quote from: SPATL on March 07, 2017, 06:06:14 PM
Thanks SteveInWA. I tried again and I get the same message "Welcome to OBi attendant...."

I know the cordless phone works because I can receive calls on the same phone/device and talk using it. I cannot place calls using the phone and device. I am not sure what to make of it. I will try a different phone and see if works.

I asked you previously to test another phone, and you said you did.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  And no, the fact that you can receive and talk on the phone has nothing to do with whether or not the phone's touch tone keypad is properly sending tones out over the phone cord to the phone service provider (OBi or otherwise).

Plug the phone(s) into some other phone service, one at a time, for example at a friend or relative's house, or at work, and see if you can make an outbound call.

SPATL

In an effort to get this device to work, I had previously tested using a different phone. That phone did not help with resolving the issue. I reverted to the original phone and then got it to partially work (allowed inbound calls). I tried dialing an extra star as suggested by azrobert, but still get busy signal.

Okay, I will test my original phone at a friends place and see if dials out the phone number. I will keep you posted.

Thanks for your help.