The number you dialed, has not received a response from the service provider?

Started by B0b., August 14, 2018, 09:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JM51

Is there any update to this?

Having issues with Google Voice and Obi suddenly. The phone number works fine in Google itself.

I followed the above instructions and changed the Google credentials, making sure everything was updated. It worked for a minute. And then right after, any outgoing call reverts to "The number you dialed..."

Calling the echo line **9222222222# works, and all the 3 lights on the device are green and static (though the middle one, internet, occasionally blinks really quickly, not flashing, but a quick blink, as if indicating in use).

What else can I check? I updated the firmware as well.

CALYTA

Quote from: B0b. on August 15, 2018, 08:30:07 PM
Quote from: A_Friend on August 15, 2018, 07:32:21 AM
All I can offer you is s xender discord omegleome speculation and maybe a couple of things to try -- a shot in the dark, so to speak.

Thanks for the help!
I'll look at the ICE/Keep-alive/times on the OBi. Do you know where these are or what to try when setting them?
The only thing I quickly found when looking at the Internet settings on the configuration page is PPPoEKeepAlive set to 60.
I'm getting a Wi-Fi adapter in the mail tomorrow to try to connect the OBi directly to the hotspot and bypass the router.

I already have the same GV account set up on my laptop and spare cell phone that is connected to Wi-Fi and these always ring and can make outgoing calls.

I'll look into getting a SIP account from another provider, but I'm hoping to stick with GV. A cellphone is available to use 911, but it has a limited amount of minutes for other calls, and I would prefer to use the landline handset to make calls at the house.
I finally tried removing all devices from my Google Voice account then deleting the Google Voice account from the OBi200 Box then resetting everything up, but I got the same results. I think the software is up to date at 3.2.2 (Build: 5898EX). I have an Asus AC-1900 router and the OBi200 is connected to it by Ethernet. Do you have any suggestions on what to try to be able to reliably receive incoming calls and make outgoing calls without restarting the OBi200?

drgeoff

Firmware 5921 is available via a sticky thread in the firmware section of the forum but I offer no opinion on its effectiveness for your problem.

Summest

This post was largely a waste of time, but I think whoever said to reset the password could have been onto something.

Instead of doing that I added GV to SP3 and updated the configuration to match.  Voila.

I can call in and out once again and I am hardwired and have been the whole time.  Let us see how long this lasts.

Minephue

Quote from: JM51 on October 21, 2019, 04:07:53 PM
Is there any update to this?

Having issues with Google Voice and Obi suddenly. The phone number works fine in Google itself.

I followed the above instructions and changed the Google credentials, making sure everything was updated. It worked for a minute. And then right after, any outgoing call reverts to "The number you dialed..." FMWhatsApp Apk

Calling the echo line **9222222222# works, and all the 3 lights on the device are green and static (though the middle one, internet, occasionally blinks really quickly, not flashing, but a quick blink, as if indicating in use).

What else can I check? I updated the firmware as well.
why don't you isolate the hotspot and see how that's performing on its own?

buddywiser

Quote from: Summest on March 19, 2020, 12:45:55 AM
This post was largely a waste of time, but I think whoever said to reset the password could have been onto something.

Instead of doing that I added GV to SP3 and updated the configuration to match.  Voila.

I can call in and out once again and I am hardwired and have been the whole time.  Let us see how long this lasts.

Curious if this was a permanent fix

buddywiser

I think I am getting this message because of something I'm doing. I am a Obi newbie only using it for a few days. Everything worked fine with my GV number until this morning when I tried my first conference call using this setup. Out of habit, first thing I do it dial *70. This disabled call waiting on my previous provider. So now I do this and get the error sound with a different message. Hang up and try to call the number without *70 and get the message in the subject.  Try to make a few more calls with same error message.  Then after reconnecting to GV in the Obi settings, all is well.  I can replicate this scenario and as soon as I hit *70, I can no longer make calls.

drgeoff

Quote from: buddywiser on May 26, 2020, 09:37:44 AM
I think I am getting this message because of something I'm doing. I am a Obi newbie only using it for a few days. Everything worked fine with my GV number until this morning when I tried my first conference call using this setup. Out of habit, first thing I do it dial *70. This disabled call waiting on my previous provider. So now I do this and get the error sound with a different message. Hang up and try to call the number without *70 and get the message in the subject.  Try to make a few more calls with same error message.  Then after reconnecting to GV in the Obi settings, all is well.  I can replicate this scenario and as soon as I hit *70, I can no longer make calls.

See page 24 of the Admin Guide (download from the Documents section of this site) for full list of Star Codes. *56 and *57 are Call Waiting Enable and Disable respectively.

Jbyrne

I just got obitalk setup and I was getting this same error.  My provider is Spectrum.

I noticed if I used a pptp tunnel to purevpn I don't get this error.  If i connect to my cable modem using regular dhcp I get this SIP error a lot.

My router has dd-wrt installed on it so connecting a pptp VPN to purevpn was an easy test.  If you have access to a vpn try setting up obitalk through it and see what happens.

I am think there is some filtering going on with spectrum screwing up my voice traffic.  If encapsulate the voice traffic in a vpn it is hidden and Spectrum leaves it alone.

Just throwing this out there as a possible solution.  My calls are good now when I go through a vpn.  It is kind of crazy because vpn tunnels (PPTP) are usually slow and don't work as well as a direct connection to your internet (dhcp). I was expecting the direct connection to work better.

dsm1212

I find my obi 202 in this state from time to time and I reboot it to fix. I have no hotspot in use. Everything is hardwired and my internet connection is 100Gbps. The obi is on it's own segment of a ubiquiti router. Really everything is very clean and it still happens. Is hard to know cause and effect for sure but I have set RegistrationPeriod to 600 (5 mins) and that does seem to help. I had been seeing this weekly and now I only see this happen every month or two. Any other advice would be appreciated.

dsm1212

Happened again. Took 5 weeks this time so it is not so frequent :-). Could it happen because a phone was left off hook for a while? I have some cordless phones which are constantly dying right now because some of the chargers are not working. The base is of course wired but maybe one of these handsets is confusing the base or something.

SamirLatif

Looked around other website and this instructions worked for me. Copy and pasting it here for the rest. Hope this will resolve the same issue that I have:

Here's what I managed to do to get both my Obihai devices (200 & 202) "connected" and working again. (Yes, I suffered from the "registration not required", as well as the "token", issues).

In the Obitalk home page, select the desired device ... and then click "OBi Expert Configuration". Confirm that you actually want to go to that screen.

Then click "Enter OBi Expert"

On the left panel, under "Production Information" select:
SYSTEM MANAGEMENT » WAN Settings → or ←
ROUTER CONFIGURATION » WAN SETTINGS (menu changes between 200 & 202)

You then need to unclick the check marks under "OBiTALK Settings" for:
"DefaultGateway"
"DNSServer1"
"DNSServer2"

The check mark of the above 3 items will switch to "Device Default"; unclick those as well.

Default gateway is the IP of your home/business router
DNSServer1 I set to: "1.1.1.1" and DNSServer2 I set to "8.8.8.8"

Save the settings and then reboot your device.

Changing the Default Gateways ... and indicating the proper DNS servers to utilize brought me back to up-and-running; hope it does the same for you!

hocuspocusblade

Quote from: SamirLatif on June 12, 2021, 04:07:57 PM
Looked around other website and this instructions worked for me. Copy and pasting it here for the rest. Hope this will resolve the same issue that I have:

Here's what I managed to do to get both my Obihai devices (200 & 202) "connected" and working again. (Yes, I suffered from the "registration not required", as well as the "token", issues).

In the Obitalk home page, select the desired device ... and then click "OBi Expert Configuration". Confirm that you actually want to go to that screen.

"DefaultGateway"
"DNSServer1"
"DNSServer2"

The check mark of the above 3 items will switch to "Device Default"; unclick those as well.

Changing the Default Gateways ... and indicating the proper DNS servers to utilize brought me back to up-and-running; hope it does the same for you!

It totally worked for me, thank you very much!

Dmitry

Quoteou then need to unclick the check marks under "OBiTALK Settings" for:
"DefaultGateway"
"DNSServer1"
"DNSServer2"

You do not need to change Default Gateway
Just set
DNSServer1 to 1.1.1.1
DNSServer2 to 8.8.8.8

Wait few minutes and it will work.

0biWanKenobi

Quote from: SamirLatif on June 12, 2021, 04:07:57 PM

"DefaultGateway"
"DNSServer1"
"DNSServer2"

This worked. Thanks!

AlexForaza

When I am getting to SYSTEM MANAGEMENT » WAN Settings, there are no
"DefaultGateway"
"DNSServer1"
"DNSServer2"

What am I doing wrong?

MSRobi

Quote from: AlexForaza on June 13, 2021, 02:25:46 AM
When I am getting to SYSTEM MANAGEMENT » WAN Settings, there are no
"DefaultGateway"
"DNSServer1"
"DNSServer2"

What am I doing wrong?

Try "Router Configuration" instead of "System Management".  And don't bother changing DefaultGateway, just the DNSServer1 and DNSServer2.