News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice on Obi200 Connect Failed: No Response

Started by Meridius, June 02, 2019, 04:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meridius

I'm unable to setup google voice on a new obi200.  I've gone through all of the trouble shooting and keep getting status of "Connect Failed: No Response."  Anyone else having trouble?

glaucia1023

Hi there,

Yes, I had trouble all day yesterday. I kept trying a million times, until Imagically connected.  Coincidence or not, I was using Chrome and Edge as browsers. It worked when I tried with IE.

Below is my post from yesterday:
I did a factory reset (long story) on my OBi202.  The current status of my device is the following:

The power LED status is solid green
The ethernet port LED if flashing green
The phone port LED is off, but lights up green when the phone is off the hook
I am able to connect to the OBi202's web interface and found out the Software Version is 3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX)

After that I can't add it back to my OBitalk dashboard.  These are the behaviors I found trying to add to the dashboard:
**5 XXXX results in a fast busy signal.
Placing the OBi device in the DMZ setting in my router does not change anything.
Rebooting both your router and the OBi device does not change anything.
I'm using a CenturyLink approved Zyxel C3000Z router (my own).  I called CenturyLink technical support said they do not block any protocols related to VoiP.  To my best newbie ability I could not detect anything blocked in my router's web interface.
I am able to ping the OBi device from my router web interface.

I'm a newbie and suspect that it might come down to my inability up upgrade the firmware (where can I find the latest version to download to my PC and upload to the OBi202 via web interface?).  I've been looking hard for it.

My other theory is that the servers on Polycom/OBitalk side are down.

What do you experienced guys think?

Thanks,

Glaucia

mike1971

Google had a major outage with cloud services yesterday that effected alot of google systems, including voice.  Should be better now.

ShazamInForum

To Meridius,

If your Google Voice is still getting that Connect Failed status, make sure your OBi device is connected to router and no extender, no, switch, no other 3rd party devices too, such as a hub connected.

If truly, connected to your router but still failed, then connect direct to modem instead and see if the status changes from Failed...to Connected status.

Good luck!

Meridius

nothing is working right now. I can't activate google voice or Anveo on any of my obi200s.  Is there something going on with Polycom activation?

One of my obi200 is brand new and I can't do anything on it.  Previously, I activated services fine.

drgeoff

Quote from: mike1971 on June 03, 2019, 02:57:12 PM
Google had a major outage with cloud services yesterday that effected alot of google systems, including voice.  Should be better now.
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/06/04/google_outage_botched_server/

ShazamInForum

Meridius,

Dial **9 222 222 222 Echo Test and tell us if echo test failed or successful.  Also, lower your router firewall settings to low or disable it and try adding/authenticating your Google Voice service again.

And ports to open in your router:  https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/Troubleshooting-sec/ports-to-keep-open-on-my-router

Good luck!

drgeoff

Quote from: ShazamInForum on June 04, 2019, 02:16:56 PM
And ports to open in your router:  https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/Troubleshooting-sec/ports-to-keep-open-on-my-router
Most of that is totally irrelevant.  Not a single one of the dozens of home routers I have examined has any user controls for opening ports.  Port forwarding, yes.  But port forwarding is not port opening.  Also port forwarding is applicable to incoming packets.  All but one of the "open" ports in the Obihai FAQ are for outgoing packets.

Meridius

oh man, I finally got it running.  Was router issue.  The new firmware update to 5921EX changed how obi200 works with my router (was previously on 5898EX).

since obitalk automatically updates to new firmware when adding devices, I got messed over.

I had to disable SIP ALG and open up ports by port forwarding these (5060, 5061, 6800, 5222, 5223, 10000-11000, 16600-16998, 19305) to the IP addresses of the obi200s.  after rebooting, everything works.

during registration of the obi devices with google and anveo, I had to also plug in directly into the ports of the router; these devices with the new firmware don't like to be connected to switches when they work with my router.

was frustrating experience, but I think I blame Netgear for this since I tested these new firmware out on older Netgear router and experienced no problems with registration.

drgeoff

Quote from: Meridius on June 04, 2019, 06:26:02 PM
oh man, I finally got it running.  Was router issue.  The new firmware update to 5921EX changed how obi200 works with my router (was previously on 5898EX).

since obitalk automatically updates to new firmware when adding devices, I got messed over.

I had to disable SIP ALG and open up ports by port forwarding these (5060, 5061, 6800, 5222, 5223, 10000-11000, 16600-16998, 19305) to the IP addresses of the obi200s.  after rebooting, everything works.

during registration of the obi devices with google and anveo, I had to also plug in directly into the ports of the router; these devices with the new firmware don't like to be connected to switches when they work with my router.

was frustrating experience, but I think I blame Netgear for this since I tested these new firmware out on older Netgear router and experienced no problems with registration.
Most probably SIP ALG was the only showstopper and the firmware version and ports were not contributing to the failures.

mike1971

Quote from: drgeoff on June 04, 2019, 01:41:07 PM
Quote from: mike1971 on June 03, 2019, 02:57:12 PM
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/06/04/google_outage_botched_server/
Major blunder on google's part.