News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't set up Obi200.

Started by uslam, July 22, 2019, 02:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uslam

I recently bought a new (at least I think it's new) Obi200 off of Amazon. Here's the actual item I purchased... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FCS1NGM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I want to use this device with Google Voice as  home phone. (I have used a Majicjack for years but my MJ unit recently failed)

When I try to go through the setup as per tutorials, I dial the **5 number and hear a response over the headset that says the number has been sent to the server but in the Obitalk website dashboard I see the following error;

The device has joined the network before, under another user's account.

If you want to add this device, please do a factory reset and

Click Try Again or click Cancel to return to the device list.

Since I don't see the device in my dashboard I cannot remove/delete it as per the factory reset instructions. (I tried the reset button on the device anyway but no help) If I click "view all" I do see a "softphone" with a 9 digit number but have no Idea what that is and I've never had an Obi device before. I'm stuck as to what to do. I have tried three times to contact support but no answer yet and it's been about a week. Is support really slow with Obi?

Anyway if anyone has seen this before or knows what this error means I would appreciate any help you could give.

drgeoff

Someone has had the device before you and registered it to his/her account at obitalk.com before returning it to Amazon.

There is no way that you unilaterally can add it to your account and previous posts here have indicated that contacting Obihai tech support has not been helpful.

Return the unit to Amazon and complain in the strongest possible terms.

The 9 digit number you see on your dashboard is for a softphone.  Every account is allocated such a number and has no connection whatever with a physical OBi device.  You can ignore that number.

ShazamInForum

uslam,

You can try adding after dialing ***8, 1 and then hang up as a factory reset.  But, be aware that if this OBi device was previously added (6 months ago, or last year) the support and the warranty coverage is already kicked in.  If support coverage has expired, no longer valid, not accepted by Obihai then you may have to buy extended support for 1 year to get your OBi device (firmware/software) up to date if you are too busy to check latest firmware in this forum (http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0). 

If support has lapsed that means warranty coverage is invalid too and that means if issues of hardware comes up, there is no hardware replacement for you.

Take drgeoff advise and return to Amazon and get your total money back.  Then get brand new OBi and make sure also has the "Sold by Obihai Technology, Inc. and Fulfilled by Amazon" or "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com".  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FCS1NGM?th=1

Up to you.

uslam

Thanks for the replies. Obi support actually contacted me today we will see what will come of it but they were asking for the Amazon details maybe looking for the seller. I sure thought this was a factory direct unit. Weird the box was sealed.