News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200 - Caller ID & Display GV account # / Info

Started by RY_OBI200, January 31, 2020, 04:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RY_OBI200

I recently purchased OBI200 device and have configured 4 Google-Voice Accounts.

i.e.
SP1 --> 123-456-789  1
SP2 --> 123-456-789  2
SP3 --> 123-456-789  3
SP4 --> 123-456-789  4

Obi200 does answer any of the 4 numbers configured as above.   Caller-ID does show the Caller's PHONE # (no Name).

Is it possible to configure OBI200 to show SP1 , SP2, SP3, SP4 or the corresponding number being called ?

Also,  system supports 2 distinct Ring-Tones.  It would be nice to configure distinct Ring-Tones for all 4 .

Even, if it is a standalone secondary app that runs on the PC that display this detailed info will be very much helpful.

azrobert

You need to use OBi Expert to configure your OBi200 for these changes.

The OBi200 has 20 ring patterns, 2 ring profiles and 10 ring patterns per profile. I believe when you define GV SP1 and SP3 use Profile A and SP2 and SP4 use Profile B. You just have to change the ring pattern.

Go to:
Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_DefaultRing
Select a unique ring pattern number for each SP.

To see the ring pattern definitions go to:
Ring Settings -> Ring Profile A/B

GV delivers an 11 digit CallerID with a leading "+". You can alter the CallerID in the inbound call route. SP1 you can just remove the "+". The other SP's you can remove the "+1" and replace with the corresponding SP number. If the CallerID doesn't fit this pattern, it won't be changed.

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: {(<+:>1xxxxxxxxxx):ph},{ph}
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: {(<+1:2>xxxxxxxxxx):ph},{ph}
Voice Services -> SP3 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: {(<+1:3>xxxxxxxxxx):ph},{ph}
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: {(<+1:4>xxxxxxxxxx):ph},{ph}

RY_OBI200

I have modified SP1 and SP2 as follows:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: {(<:>1xxxxxxxxxx):ph},{ph}
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: {(<:2>xxxxxxxxxx):ph},{ph}

and also

X_DefaultRing  =>  1  for SP1 and 2 for SP2.

Caller ID on the Phone does not show  SP1 or SP1, but does show the incoming callers 10 digit number.   

If I could add just A or B in front or somewhere to indicate SP1 or SP2 is being called, that would be nice.

Taoman

Quote from: RY_OBI200 on February 01, 2020, 02:20:22 PM

If I could add just A or B in front or somewhere to indicate SP1 or SP2 is being called, that would be nice.

You can't add an alphanumeric character to a numeric field. Best you can do is separate the (SP) number 1,2,3,&4 from the incoming 10-digit number by an asterisk symbol. Try the following:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: {(<+1:1*>xxxxxxxxxx):ph},{ph}
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: {(<+1:2*>xxxxxxxxxx):ph},{ph}
Voice Services -> SP3 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: {(<+1:3*>xxxxxxxxxx):ph},{ph}
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: {(<+1:4*>xxxxxxxxxx):ph},{ph}

RY_OBI200

Thanks a lot...

Caller ID now displays 1*1234567890   or  3*1234567890,  if Caller 123-456-7890 is trying to Call SP1 configured Phone or SP3 line.  It did work for all 4 SPx lines.

OBI Expert | Voice Services | SP1 Service | Calling Features | CallerIDName   by default is blank.

Can we use this field to say  Caller_1's name is 'Calling Phone A'.    Name in any case is not displayed in the default configuration.  Caller's Name will be included if we are willing to pay $5 for OBI Extras.

RY_OBI200

Is there a guide that can helps us configure all these Obi-Expert parameters

drgeoff

Quote from: RY_OBI200 on February 01, 2020, 05:34:43 PM
Is there a guide that can helps us configure all these Obi-Expert parameters
http://www.obitalk.com/info/documents/admin_guide/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf is the guide.  Whether it will help you is another matter.  :)