News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SOLVED: OBi1062 + Google Voice set-up: "There is no call route available..."

Started by TomForum, November 09, 2020, 06:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomForum

Hello,

Existing OBi1022 user with Google Voice.  Had no issues setting up or using the OBi1022 or ObiTALK with Google Voice.

Just bought a OBi1062.  

Boots, receives IP address, same network as the OBi1022, no firewall or networking issues suspected.

Successfully completed test call (**9 222 222 222).

Went to add the device to my OBiTALK account.  Obi Dashboard > Add Device > Select "I want to configure Google Voice on this device" > Next

Received a **5 XXXX code > Dialed it...

Received the error message "There is no call route available to complete your call"

I've tried numerous times with different **5 XXXX codes, rebooting the phone, updating the software (*** 6, but none available).  Also, the first programmable key status is green (the one I used for the test call and to dial *5 XXXX) and the second one is amber (not sure that matters).  In the US.  Purchased directly from Obihai/Poly (via Amazon).

Any assistance greatly appreciated!  Thanks.

drgeoff

Quote from: TomForum on November 09, 2020, 06:00:42 PM
Hello,

Existing OBi1022 user with Google Voice.  Had no issues setting up or using the OBi1022 or ObiTALK with Google Voice.

Just bought a OBi1062. 

Boots, receives IP address, same network as the OBi1022, no firewall or networking issues suspected.

Successfully completed test call (**9 222 222 222).

Went to add the device to my OBiTALK account.  Obi Dashboard > Add Device > Select "I want to configure Google Voice on this device" > Next

Received a **5 XXXX code > Dialed it...

Received the error message "There is no call route available to complete your call"

I've tried numerous times with different **5 XXXX codes, rebooting the phone, updating the software (*** 6, but none available).  Also, the first programmable key status is green (the one I used for the test call and to dial *5 XXXX) and the second one is amber (not sure that matters).  In the US.  Purchased directly from Obihai/Poly (via Amazon).

Any assistance greatly appreciated!  Thanks.

There is a known issue at the Obihai end - http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=17636.msg105845#msg105845 - although that does not usually give the "no route" error message you experience.

TomForum

Thanks for the reply @drgeoff.

This is now solved. 

I called ObiTALK/Poly support and they were very helpful.  Resolution for anyone with a similar situation:

Firmware.  I had already checked the software via the phone's ***6 menu--and none was available.

However, it was out of date.  I manually updated it per this page: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0

After that, it took a few attempts with ***5 codes, but eventually went through and then was easy to finish set-up.