News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obihai 100 - Adding device - Repeated "...has been sent to the server"

Started by Shed, April 18, 2021, 08:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shed

Had an old Obihai 100 never used. **5 connects to the server, but device does not connect. Echo test on the 222 number works fine.

So question

1) Is it server flakiness? (and I should just carry on trying)
2) Or with the discontinuation of the 100, they're blocking it adding devices, and I should buy a 200.

N7AS

Please do not post the same question more than once. This happens often as everyone gets an error message making one think the post did not go through but actually has.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

drgeoff

Quote from: Shed on April 18, 2021, 08:21:56 PM
Had an old Obihai 100 never used. **5 connects to the server, but device does not connect. Echo test on the 222 number works fine.

So question

1) Is it server flakiness? (and I should just carry on trying)
2) Or with the discontinuation of the 100, they're blocking it adding devices, and I should buy a 200.
OBi100 and OBi110 still work fine with providers other than Google Voice. If you are having difficulty adding your OBi to your dashboard using the **5 nnnn procedure, that is a common experience with all OBi models.

As you can only use your OBi100 with ITSPs other than GV you lose nothing by not adding it to your dashboard and instead configuring it via its onboard web interface.