News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

how do I route international traffic from sp2?

Started by home-with-gv, November 22, 2011, 02:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

home-with-gv

I have sp1 configured with google voice and SP2 to with  SIP account. I want to route my outbound international traffic from SP2 with out dialing **2 in the front. I want to have all the numbers prefixed with  011 shold go through SP2. Can somebody tell me how to do that? I really appreciate your response.

RonR

Service Providers -> ITSPA Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<**2>011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

Service Providers -> ITSPA Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

where aaa is you local area code.

home-with-gv

Thanks a lot Ron for your quick response. It worked for one call but the device keeps on rebooting and going to default settings. And I am not able to see my changes. All I can see is default digitmap in both profiles. I was rebooting the device after the changes I made. that time I can see my changes. But some how the device reboots by itself and goes to defaults. can you guess what is going on here?

RonR

If you're configuring the OBi directly, also set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

home-with-gv

yeap. I am configuring on Obi directly. it worked with the suggested changes.
Thanks a lot for quick and prompt response.

RonR

When configuring the OBi directly, you must disable Auto Provisioning or the OBiTALK Web Portal will repeatedly overwrite your changes with its settings.

obi-support2

You should not disable provisioning; that is not the preferred method.
Please leave provisioning enabled.

Instead, the proper way is to use the OBi Expert Configuration on the OBiTALK device portal,
Enter OBi Expert, then find the corresponding parameter and
change it to your desired value (unchecking  OBiTALK settings and Device Default for that parameter also).

Making changes directly on the device web page should be your last resort, for example, in
the rare case that the parameter you want to change is not yet available in the
expert configuration page due to version differences.
OBIHAI Support Staff