News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Two of the same ATA's shown in Google Voice settings

Started by videobruce, September 07, 2023, 01:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

videobruce

OBiTalk Provisioning set to "Periodically".
ITSP Provisioning is set to "System Start" (default)

SP1 Service Stats shows "Registered (server=206.15.130.6:5060; expire in 15s)"
SP2 Service Status shows "Service not configured"

01 OBi Dashboard active 3 ATA's.png
I'll take VoIP any day over cell phones !

videobruce

I have rechecked Google Voice and there are just the 3 202's listed. It's the 1st entry w/ the GV issue.

Google Voice devices correct list blocked.png

Sitecore

Thank you for sharing your experience with setting up the OBi202 device and dealing with the duplicate entries in Google Voice settings. It's interesting to see the troubleshooting steps taken by forum members to address the issue.

While the discussion primarily revolves around ATA devices and Google Voice settings, it would be helpful to explore if there are any interactions or integrations between Sitecore and the OBi202 device that might be contributing to the duplicate entries. Sitecore is a powerful content management system (CMS) and digital experience platform, known for its flexibility and extensibility. Perhaps there could be a connection or configuration involving Sitecore that is affecting the ATA's registration with Google Voice.

If anyone has come across a similar scenario or has insights on how devops service for sitecore might interact with ATA devices or Google Voice settings, it would be great to hear about it. Sharing experiences and knowledge from different perspectives can often lead to innovative solutions.

Also, a quick note for future discussions: If anyone requires assistance or information related to Sitecore or other specific topics, feel free to reach out. The community is here to support each other in various technology-related matters.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experiences, and I look forward to any further discussions!

Taoman

Quote from: videobruce on September 13, 2023, 09:25:58 PMSP1 Service Stats shows "Registered (server=206.15.130.6:5060; expire in 15s)"
SP2 Service Status shows "Service not configured"
Quote from: videobruce on September 13, 2023, 05:55:13 AMBUT, to my surprise when it booted back up and it connected with PP and the Obi Portal, SP2 which is the GV port showed solid green. I made a GV test call and it worked!
But, OBiTalk's site for that adapter on SP2 shows "not configured" and grayed out ???

I'm definitely confused. So on OBi "639" both your SP1 PhonePower trunk and your SP2 GV trunk are working correctly for both inbound and outbound calls? Is that correct?

Are you positive your SP2 GV trunk is actually working? You're sure you're receiving and making calls on SP2 and not SP1? I have never seen an SP trunk work properly when the SP Service Status shows "Service not configured." I don't see how that's possible. Have you looked at your OBi Call History to confirm the call is being made/received on SP2?

As far as the other 2 OBi202s, what is your goal for them? Are they currently connected to your router (or switch) via ethernet cable?

Edit: Now I'm even more confused. In post #8 of this thread your screenshot showed OBi #583 as having both PhonePower as registered and Google Voice as connected which is the way it should look. But now we're talking about OBi #639 and you're telling me GV is working when it apparently isn't even configured on that OBi?

videobruce

Yes to the 1st question.
Yes to the 2nd question, both SP1 & SP2 are working. I can call my PP number from GV and it rings. Same in reverse, I can call the GV number from PP and it rings. This is on a 2 line phone.
The other two 202's one is in storage, the other is off line just for this testing with this 639 unit that I'm testing now, the one with the not configured GV message.

And yes, I looked at the call records in GV and PP and those test calls were listed in both sites being made.
I just wanted to get this 639 properly setup before I place that in storage. I don't want two of these active at one time to prevent more issues. The other two are not connected to my Router. As I stated earlier, I received a 3rd 202 and wanted to have a 2nd backup. Why not, it was basically free?  ;) 

I'm past the confused part, since it's obvious GV and to a lessor extent, PP sites are really messed up, those screen shots prove it.

Whatever, wherever happened to generate that duplicate 202 entry that I successfully removed affected PP's portal listing of this one 202, corrupting the status (for lack of a better term) somehow.   

videobruce

I removed the adapter listed in GV settings page that has the conflict/corrupted data (or whatever it was),
I went to OBiTalk Portal and clicked on SP2 in that 639 OBi202 to re-add GV to that port,
It went thru w/o a glitch and the results are in the attachments,

OBi Dashboard 3 ATA's setup ok hide OBi #.png Google Voice devices final list hide #.png