News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Broadvoice registration keeps dropping

Started by KC512, December 19, 2011, 05:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KC512

I keep getting the following message with my Broadvoice configuration.

Broadvoice Account
Register Failed: 503 Service Unavailable (server=147.135.32.221:5060; retrying)

It will go down for an hour or more and then magically come back.  And then it will drop again for an hour and then come back.
I have used the default proxy (sip.broadvoice.com) and port.  My internet connection is fine.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

RonR

Since it works a lot of the time, it would appear the OBi is configured correctly.

Have to contacted Broadvoice to see if they're having service problems or if anything is obvious to them from their logs?

You could run 'ping /t sip.broadvoice.com' in a DOS box and see if you're experiencing Internet connectivity problems to Broadvoice when the registration failures occur.

KC512

I just got a response back from them.  They think, and I tend to agree, that it is Timer issue.  They suggested checking the SIP registration timers.
I used the Obihai defaults for the Broadvoice configuration.

Broadvoice said they will check their logs to verify that it is not something on their end.  I don't think it is, as I use a Broadvoice-supported device that works fine.
Also, as I had mentioned, I am not experiencing any Internet connectivity issues.

I will post more when I hear back from Broadvoice tomorrow.

KC512

So far today, the device has remained up.  I will continue to monitor this issue and post if it continues to happen.