Custom Auto Attendant Configuration

Started by ranchitojose, December 23, 2011, 08:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranchitojose

I have just set up my OBI 110 and would like to configure custom voice prompts for the Auto Attendant.  I've read what I'm sure is a very good tutorial on the post below, but I must say I'm confused about which parts can be done with by logging in to the OBI over the network and which parts must be done on the handset connected to the OBI.  I have configured 6 speed dials in the network interface already:  1= "Momma Bear", 2= "Poppa Bear", 3="Baby Bear 1", 4="Baby Bear 2"; 5="Baby Bear 3"; and 6="Baby Bear 4".  (Names changed to protect the not so innocent).

What I would really appreciate is an idiot proof step by step process beginning with "walk up to the phone connected to the OBI and..."

My goal is the following:  Have the AA answer the call with a custom message:  You have reached the Joseph Family.  To ring the house phone (connected to OBI) please press 1.  To reach Momma Bear press 2, and so on." I would like voicemail to pick up after ringing the house phone 5 or 6 times.

Any help would be very very much appreciated.  Sorry to be an idiot.

kj

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1734.msg11140#msg11140

ranchitojose

Update:  I've now gone back, and the speed dial  set up didn't work.  It still shows the only the default numbers for 1 and 2 and nothing else.

RonR

Quote from: ranchitojose on December 23, 2011, 08:16:40 AM
I've read what I'm sure is a very good tutorial on the post below, but I must say I'm confused about which parts can be done with by logging in to the OBI over the network and which parts must be done on the handset connected to the OBI.  I have configured 6 speed dials in the network interface already:  1= "Momma Bear", 2= "Poppa Bear", 3="Baby Bear 1", 4="Baby Bear 2"; 5="Baby Bear 3"; and 6="Baby Bear 4".  (Names changed to protect the not so innocent).

Quote from: ranchitojose on December 23, 2011, 08:26:15 AM
Update:  I've now gone back, and the speed dial  set up didn't work.  It still shows the only the default numbers for 1 and 2 and nothing else.

If you make any changes by logging into the OBi directly, you must set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Otherwise, any changes you make will be overwritten shortly thereafter by the settings on the OBiTALK Web Port.

RonR

#3
Quote from: ranchitojose on December 23, 2011, 08:16:40 AM
My goal is the following:  Have the AA answer the call with a custom message:  You have reached the Joseph Family.  To ring the house phone (connected to OBI) please press 1.  To reach Momma Bear press 2, and so on." I would like voicemail to pick up after ringing the house phone 5 or 6 times.

Pay particular attention to this post:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1734.msg11929#msg11929

You will end up with is something like:

"You have reached the Joseph Family.  To reach the house phone please press 1.  To reach Momma Bear press 21#, Poppa Bear press 22#, Baby Bear 1 press 23#, Baby Bear 2 press 24#, Baby Bear 3 press 25#, Baby Bear 4 press 26#."

The only way to have voicemail pick up after ringing the house phone 5 or 6 times is to have an answering machine connected to the OBi PHONE Port that is set to answer after 5 or 6 rings.

You should also be aware that callers can still press 2 and enter any number to make a call to anywhere or press 3 to have the OBi hangup and callback to any number, all on your nickel.  To preclude this, you might consider limiting the valid numbers the Auto Attendant accepts to just Speed Dials or 0 (the OBi PHONE Port) by setting:

Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> DigitMaP : ([1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|0)