News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

NewB Setup questions

Started by Daveinaz, January 26, 2012, 08:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveinaz

I have set up Callcentric as Sp1 & Google Voice as SP2. I want to uses Callcentric for both in and out calls due to caller id on the number I am going to port to Callcentric ( we have had the number for a long time and don't want to confuse everyone) from our current service provider.

How can I set it up so if I press a certain number string first then I can use google voice for that outbound call,otherwise by default Callcentric is outbound?

Using OBI 110

Thanks for the help

Dave

RonR

To have outgoing calls default to SP1 (Callcentric), set:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

To place calls though SP2 (Google Voice) instead, simply preface the number with **2.

Felix

While **2 is the default, it's quite trivial to set it for something else (I set up my dad to dial 0, so he can press one rather than three key prefix).
I need to look at the screen how I did it; I am sure Ron can say that in his sleep  ;)

Daveinaz

Thanks, I will give that a try.

Any idea why I can't select Callcentric to notify voice mail? Every time I check the box and save, it unchecks itself?

RonR

Quote from: Daveinaz on January 27, 2012, 06:14:18 PM
Any idea why I can't select Callcentric to notify voice mail? Every time I check the box and save, it unchecks itself?

Which checkbox are you checking and where is it located?

Daveinaz

Ron:
Been a busy weekend.... THis is on the configuration page for callcentric ( SP1)

GO to Configure Voice Services, click on the edit icon. First page has an option to check a box next to "Voicemail Notification"

I check this box, click submit and when the screen refreshes, the box is uncheclked.

Any Ideas?

RonR

I think you're talking about something on the ObiTALK Web Portal.  I don't use the OBiTALK Web Portal and will have to leave that to someone else.