News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Newbie help- Line port does not seem to work

Started by piersond, February 09, 2012, 01:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piersond

I have set up my OBi and it works great with one phone connected.  I want to get my other landline phones to work as well, so I connected the RJ-11 telephone line cable to the line port.  I also unplugged my outside lines in the telco box.  The line port did not light up when plugged into the phone jack, and none of my other phones worked.  So, should I leave my outside lines plugged in and then plug in the line port?  Help please as this is becoming very frustrating.  As a side note I am still connected to Cox's digital phone service, but want to dump them and use the OBi as my new landline.  Hope this makes sense.

RonR

The LINE Port can only be connected to an incoming POTS PSTN telephone line.  It's not intended to be connected to telephones.

You need to isolate the incoming POTS PSTN telephone line and connect only it the LINE Port.  Then all your house telephones on their isolated pair gets connected to the PHONE Port.

Rick

Quote from: RonR on February 09, 2012, 01:20:19 PM
The LINE Port can only be connected to an incoming POTS PSTN telephone line.  It's not intended to be connected to telephones.

You need to isolate the incoming POTS PSTN telephone line and connect only it the LINE Port.  Then all your house telephones on their isolated pair gets connected to the PHONE Port.

Unless the POTS line is disconnected, in which case the line port would be empty.