News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice and Toll Free Setup on 110

Started by bainbridgematt, February 20, 2012, 11:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bainbridgematt

Can anyone give me a simple step by step on setting up toll free for SP2?  I'm using google voice for SP1 and it's not working for toll free calls.  I've read a couple of things but can't find a good "how to" on setting it up.  BTW, if I set that up will it hose me if I want to set up 911?

bainbridgematt

So this is going to be a dumb question, but how do I edit the fields in the expert area?  I can't seem to edit them.

RonR

The quickest and easiest way to configure the OBi is to simply log into IP address returned by dialing ***1 and configure it directly.  In order to do so, you will also need to set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

If you feel you must use the more diffiicult approach of using the OBiTALK Web Portal, the instructions can be found in this post : OBi Expert Configuration (Introduction)

bainbridgematt

Thanks, but I can't change anything (including the two setting you mentioned) via the web portal.  Everything is grayed out or unselctable.  Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Stewart

Quote from: bainbridgematt on February 20, 2012, 03:41:50 PM
Thanks, but I can't change anything (including the two setting you mentioned) via the web portal.  Everything is grayed out or unselctable.  Not sure what I am doing wrong.
For a setting that is presently at its default value, you need to first uncheck the Default box for that setting.  If that's not your issue, please post a screenshot or describe in detail, e.g. "The Default box is itself grayed out."

Edit: this was already posted by jimates in another thread.