News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't get GV phone to ring on incoming calls, goes straight to voicemail

Started by pigpile, February 26, 2012, 02:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigpile

Just got the OBi110, got a GV phone number, got it set up.  I am able make calls from the GV phone, but i cannot get an incoming call to actually ring the phone, it basically gets forwarded to my cell phone (which i set up that way when first getting a GV account).  Everything looks good on the OBi110, green lights where they should be; I assume its a setting on the GV account but for the life of me I cannot get it to stop forwarding immediately to my cell phone.  There is no 25 second wait as I've heard GV defaults to.  Any help for this novice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

RonR

When you log into your Google Voice account and look at the forwarding list where you can have calls forwarded to your cell phone, do you also have a forwarding phone called Google Chat and is it enabled?

pigpile

well, it was un-checked when i first created the account, i checked it and wala it works now.  i knew hit was something simple.  I wonder why in the heck Google defaulted to the cell phone I linked it to?  Eh, it's fixed now so all is good.  Thanks