News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

cant cancel incoming call

Started by HenriqueBR, April 15, 2012, 12:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HenriqueBR

hi,

I simply cannot cancel an incoming call, usually I could press the end key on my phone and it would hangup. Now the key does nothing.

I have a cordless panasonic phone, and when there is someone calling me, I can see through the syslog that the end key does nothing.

RonR

If you're trying to refuse a call and either ignore it or immediately send it to voicemail like you can on many cell phones, there's no way to do the same thing with an OBi (or even a landline for that matter).  The END key on a cordless phone normally simply disconnects a call that's in progress but does nothing if you haven't yet answered the incoming call.  I suppose the END key on a cordless phone could immediately cause an internal answering machine to pick up and take the call, but this would be a feature/function of the cordless phone and not the OBi.

HenriqueBR

before the obihai I used to press the end key to not answer a call, perhaps it wouldn't drop the call, but simply stopped ringing

can this be achieved with obihai?

RonR

Not that I'm aware of.  My guess is whatever you were doing is part of the phone and not the service or device it's connected to.

Rick

Quote from: HenriqueBR on April 15, 2012, 05:22:59 PM
before the obihai I used to press the end key to not answer a call, perhaps it wouldn't drop the call, but simply stopped ringing

When I hit the Off/End key on my home phone, that handset stops ringing, although the other handsets in the house continue to ring.

RonR

Quote from: Rick on April 16, 2012, 06:17:58 AM
Quote from: HenriqueBR on April 15, 2012, 05:22:59 PM

When I hit the Off/End key on my home phone, that handset stops ringing, although the other handsets in the house continue to ring.

That's what I was suggesting -- it simply mutes the ringer on that paticular phone and does nothing else.

HenriqueBR

the funny thing is, when the incoming call is from the land line the end key mutes the phone successfully, when it comes from the obihai it doesn't, isn't there a way to enable this?