News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

ObiWifi adaptor not working with Obi202?

Started by UserAsdf, June 21, 2012, 04:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UserAsdf

Hello. I have an Obi202 and confirmed usb storage works fine. So the usb port on the Obi202 works.

I just received an Obi wifi adaptor and plugged that in, but the web admin page (directly on the obi202) says this:

OBiWiFi Dongle Not Found!
Please connect an OBiWiFi Dongle to the USB Port and try again.

Loading "obiconnect.com/wifi" from the LAN port gives the same result.

I've tried hotplugging the wifi adaptor and also plugging it in while the Obi202 was powered off. I've also tried plugging the adaptor into a computer and it's recognized, so *maybe* the adaptor works?

Did I miss a step for setting up the ObiWifi adaptor on my Obi202 or is it defective?

Oh, almost forgot:
HardwareVersion   1.3
SoftwareVersion   3.0.0 (Build: 3176M)

pc44

Hi UserAsdf,

I think you've done all the right steps, and the ObiWiFi should be working for you at this point.  I'm leaning towards the thought of a defective ObiWiFi in your situation, but first...

I'm running SoftwareVersion 3.0.0 (Build: 3184M).  So perhaps you could update your 3176M first and see if that helps.  Also, (and this may not be recommended by Obihai), you could try plugging your ObiWiFi into a PC to see if the PC will even detect it.  Again, I do not know the official advice from Obihai regarding this; so you may want to check with them first.  It may be strongly advised against; I do not know.  What I do know is that I have plugged my ObiWiFi into my PC and have been able to use it to connect the PC to my wireless network without issue.

pc44 :)

UserAsdf

I just tried dialing ***6 and it says "Software update not available".

I also tried plugging the ObiWifi adaptor into a computer and it is recognized, but no driver is available of course.

pc44

UserAsdf,

Supposedly, 3.0.0 Build 3180M is the current Software Version for the Obi202.  Take a look at this link:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0

Please also note that Build 3180 introduces the following:
"Enhancements & Fixes in Maintenance Release OBi202 3.0.0(3180):
- Support for OBiWiFi Wireless Adapter (OBi202 Only)"

You may need to manually update the firmware per the link above,
pc44

UserAsdf

Yay, that did it!

I manually updated to 3180M and the ObiWifi adaptor works perfectly now. I also tried ***6 again and it's downloading another available update... and now it's done. I'm now on 3184M and things seem fine.

Thanks!