News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

ObiWifi adapter not recognized

Started by neilio, July 05, 2012, 03:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neilio

Wondering if anyone knows of a workaround or fix for this -- I've got a brand new OBI202 w/ the USB wireless adapter but it's not recognized by the device. I've tried power cycling and removing and re-adding the USB adapter but it's still not seen by the OBI202.

Any ideas?

QBZappy

You probably need to upgrade the firmware on the OBi. Wireless functionality was added later.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

pc44

Quote from: QBZappy on July 05, 2012, 03:20:43 PM
You probably need to upgrade the firmware on the OBi. Wireless functionality was added later.

+1 to this.  Try here for OBI202 latest firmware:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0

"Enhancements & Fixes in Maintenance Release OBi202 3.0.0(3180):
- Support for OBiWiFi Wireless Adapter (OBi202 Only)"

pc44

neilio

Quote from: QBZappy on July 05, 2012, 03:20:43 PM

I noticed that just after I first tried plugging in the adapter and installed the upgrade. Didn't work for the first half-dozen times I power-cycled the router, but suddenly started working just now. Not the most confidence-inducing!