News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Inbound calls to ring both phone connected to obi110 and Google talk

Started by DataShuttle, July 09, 2012, 05:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DataShuttle

I have read many posts in this forum about this subject.  Some posts refer to getting a second GV number, others talk about routing.

The simple question is this:  Is it possible for inbound calls to ring a phone connected to a obi110 and the Google chat browser phone at the same time?  If it is possible, can someone provide step by step instruction without the technical jargon.

Currently my inbound calls route to the phone connected to the OBI110 and do not ring the Google chat browser phone even though I'm able to place outbound calls with the Google chat browser phone.

Thanks

jimates

It has worked on occasion for some. It is really YMMV. Only a small percentage report it working at both places at the same time.

Placing outgoing calls are different. The Obi will do the same, you can even place outgoing calls on the Obi without a google voice number by just signing in with the gmail credentials.

DataShuttle

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply.  That fact that it's hit and miss seems wierd.  Usually that means some setting is not correct on my end.  Hopefully someone else knows the answer because I need to have my hands on the keyboard and not physically using a phone handset when talking.  I know I could use a plugin on the phone if necessary for the headset/mic use, but that means swapping plugs frequently, something I would like to avoid.

Thanks again for the reply.

QBZappy

DataShuttle,

Here is a work around where you can have both the OBi and Computer ring at the same time using two different Gmail accounts.You will need to fork (forward) the calls to the second Gmail acct as the OBi is receiving an incoming call. I think it might do the job.

Re: Are Obi devices limited to the number of endpoints?
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3550.msg23594#msg23594
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.